Sign in to follow this  
Guest Jaze

Airfile guru *wanted* for project.

Guest Jaze

Hi, I'm looking for someone who has a sound working knowledge of FS airfile design for an aircraft project i'm working on. The aircraft is the Bede BD-5J "experimental" Jet variant and later prop. Anyone who has studied the BD-5 series will know it has 101 variants with different specs, engines, tweeks and body shapes. I'm just going for the "original" jet version based on the slightly updated airframe.This version was featured in the James Bond film 'Octopussy' although I'm not designing the actual one featured in the film it could come later if enough interest is shown in repainting it.Although a kit aircraft described as "experimental" its a widely loved aircraft at airshows and desired by many as the optimal one person transport.The project is totally freeware and will be posted to all the relevant sites on completion. All credit will be given for the airfile in the package including credits on the aircraft description posted to the various hosting sites. I'm intending this release to be for FS2004 and FSX so it would be good if you were able to cope with both.Me? I've got history as they say, I released a couple of IL-2's and Yak-1 on CFS2 a few years ago, interestingly enough they seem to be still around on many sites. I mostly build experimental aircraft for myself but I do have a passion for the old BD-5 and my airfiles simply wouldnt do it justice for a release.The airfile designer would probably have to do a bit of googling to do this aircraft any justice because its an unusual thing, nothing really comes close to it in existing airfiles.Anyway, sorry for the long first post but I wanted to let anyone interested know what they might be letting themselves in for :)Please PM me with any interest.

Guest IanK

That was funny, but he has may have gone commercial too.He can always get tutorial help from AvHistory at any time.Ian

Guest Jaze

>That was funny, but he has may have gone commercial too.>>He can always get tutorial help from AvHistory at any time.>>IanYea i've gone down that route of making my own, ive even got it how i want it on landing which is "seat of your pants".Its very twitchy if you over react with the controls which is another thing I wanted to take from the flight reports from the real thing.Releasing for FS9 and reworked FSX version in next few days.Screenshot:http://homepages.nildram.co.uk/~jes/bd-5j.jpgQuite a few changes have been made since that was taken.