Sign in to follow this  
Guest flightsimmernick

Outlook Express - Not receiving every email

Guest flightsimmernick

Hi,Im not sure if anyone can help me with a problem I seem to be having with XP and Outlook Express. I dont seem to be able to get emails from a certain address. I have only come across this recently and generally get emails OK but dont seem to be able to get them from one source. I am using Outlook Express. Does anyone know if there is a secutity filter than is philsing out these emails before I see them? When I try to get them at another address they are sent fine its just my Outlook Express address. My email through outlook is provided by BT. I am using AVG v8 now as virus protection and used to use Norton if that would have some bearing on it?Can anyone help? Many ThanksNick

Guest flightsimmernick

Hi Sorry for the delay in the reply. No they do not include attachments and I can attachments from other emails. The emails that I am having a problem with at the moment is from a forum (just like this one but no problem with avsim). Everytime I get a message or a reply to a topic I get emails to say so but for some reason there is one site I dont appear to be getting them to my Outlook address from. I can however receive them to my hotmail?Thanks again for you reply.

Hi there,it could be that your ISP is blocking e-mails from certain domains - is there a way you can check your e-mail by webmail, rather than using Outlook Express? If yes, and you still can't see the e-mails from that one address, then it would point to your ISP blocking them.Hope this helps,Cheers,G

Guest flightsimmernick

Hi Guys Thanks very much for the suggestions. I think there is a way I can check the emails by webmail rather than using outlook however I am a bit scared of changing it again as it will lock me out of a website if I am unable to receive the emails again. Is there a way that I can check what my ISP is allowing and blocking? Some has suggested that I have a look at the AVG logs to see if that has anything to do with it. Does anybody know where I might find logs on my PC concerning AVG email activity? the computer in question uses XP.Thanks for any helpNick