Sign in to follow this  
n4gix

Prop Animation

Can anyone give me a heads up on how to setup the various animation states for a FSX propeller using 3DS MAX?I made three props for my aircraft:* a still feathered state* a version with solid blades that I rotated 360 degrees* a blurred state with a transparent prop disk that I also rotated 360 degreesUsing the FSX Animation Tool I assigned keyframe animations 0-100 to each prop using the following tags:* prop0_still* prop0_slow* prop0_blurredWhen I view my aircraft in FSX I see all three states at once. Any tips on how to set this up so that I get just one prop state at a time?

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

>* prop0_still>* prop0_slow>* prop0_blurred>>When I view my aircraft in FSX I see all three states at once.>Any tips on how to set this up so that I get just one prop>state at a time?You must also use the Attachpoint Tool to add the "Visibility" conditions for each of the prop0_xxx parts, using the picklist, then click on "Attach to Mesh" ;)BTW, prop0_still should also be rotated 360 degrees...Be sure to add a keyframe at 90, 180, and 270 degrees (keyframes 25, 50, and 75) as well...

>Ahh ha! That's what the Attachpoint Tool is for. Very cool>thank you once again Bill.>>Here's the result...Looking good! Yes, that threw me for a loop the first time around myself... ;)Actually, there are a LOT of things the Attachpoint Tool is used for, but Visibility and Mouse Rectangle are the two I use most often with aircraft models.To be perfectly honest though, I still prefer the FS9 XML schema, which simply automatically associated the XML code to the partname. I see no good reason why they had to change that.This is the single most annoying change... having to shut down GMax or Max to make changes/additions to the modeldef.xml file, then load GMax or Max with your saved project to try yet another export... *:-*