Sign in to follow this  
Guest ceo1944

Why would this work in FS9 but not FSX?

Guest ceo1944

Just for grins I moved the FS9 airplane I'm debugging over to FSX to see what would happen...and 98 percent of it worked without a hitch! That's great news, but I have one perplexing mystery.I have a C gauge that reads a config file. It works just fine in FS9. But in FSX, it won't find its configuration file. Here's the part of the code that opens the file: GetCurrentDirectory(256, HomeDirectory); Ifile = fopen("./acme/acme.cfg", "r"); if (Ifile == NULL) return (-1);Now, there's an acme.cfg file all set up and waiting in the acme folder which I put under the main FSX folder. HomeDirectory shows the right path to the default folder. Yet under FS9 this works great, and in FSX it always returns -1. Same computer, same compiled gauge, same everything except FS9 vs FSX.Anyone have any ideas?ThanksDutch

Check the path your gauge dll is loaded in. It's no longer the FSX root folder. In other words... GetCurrentDirectory isn't "C:Program FilesMicrosoft GamesFSX"

Ed Wilson

Mindstar Aviation
My Playland - I69

Guest ceo1944

I figured it out...I thought I'd tried everything before posting here but noooooooo. The problem was that the filename in the fopen() call is treated by windows as *case-sensitive* ... something I didn't know since filenames aren't case-sensitive in Windows. I'd created my directory as 'Acme' instead of 'acme'. Once I changed that, it found it - in the FSX root folder no less.Now it's crashing FSX, but that's obviously another problem...sure would be boring if everything worked right the first time wouldn't it?