Sign in to follow this  
n4gix

Conditional Visibility in A/C Preview (FS9)

I have a part (actually a number of them) which need to be visible in A/C preview, but have conditional visibility code attached. Since the makemdl parts code isn't actually parsed until flight, ANY part with visibility code is defaulting to '0', thus not visible.Is there any way to prevent parts with visibility code from disappearing in preview? I think I already know the answer, but I just want to make sure:)Thanks,Jon

Yes, invert the display condition so that by default the result is zero...Actually, the embedded XML code in the .mdl IS parsed whenever the model is selected for preview. Otherwise, there'd be no model to display! :)

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Thanks, Bill, I suppose that's what I'll have to try. I thought somebody mentioned tags ALWAYS resulted in zero i.e. invisible prior to loading the sim, but what you're saying about the model being visible makes perfect sense. One of those slap yourself upside the head moments...Thanks,--Jon

>Thanks, Bill, I suppose that's what I'll have to try. I>thought somebody mentioned tags ALWAYS resulted>in zero i.e. invisible prior to loading the sim, but what>you're saying about the model being visible makes perfect>sense. One of those slap yourself upside the head moments...Well, all the variables referenced in the XML code will certainly be zero, since the sim isn't "running" yet... :)I ran into this problem with the SR20/22 Cirrus models and their CAPS (parachute) system. I had to invert the display condition in order to prevent the deployed chute(s) from displaying in the Preview Window......which is, of course the exact opposite of your problem, although the solution is the same! :)

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator