Sign in to follow this  
n4gix

Adding warning sound to an existing annunciator in FS.....

Hello there.Whilst looking through the C208B sound folder in the simobjects/airplanes location I noticed there was a sound file called Car_FireAlrm.wav. Playing it pretty much confirms it's some kind of fire alarm sound that unfortunatly does'nt appear to have been implemented into the C208B in any way.Is there any way I can modify the cockpit to play this sound in the event of an engine fire? Or is there an external utility that can play the sound if it detects an engine fire within the sim?.Thanks.

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

I had never actually looked at the sound files for the C208B, but I do see both the "Car_FireAlrm.wav" as well as the "Car_FuelPump.wav" files.The latter file is called for in the sound.cfg file, not too surprisingly under the "FUEL_PUMP" heading.I suspect that the "Car_FireAlrm.wav" was planned to be configured in the sound.cfg file as well, but for some reason (time?) was never implemented.Certainly you can program a C gauge to play the sound, but you can't use an XML "gauge" to play the sound directly.