Sign in to follow this  
n4gix

What should I do next?

Today, I spent cleaning up the Enterprise model, basically setting up a dummy node and linking up everything logically and then to "Ship_LOD_400", and then to the dummy master node.I also have eliminated the last of the extraeous polys that creeped into a part of two, so that there are no compile errors.Finally, as part of this close examination, I tweeked the exact position and scale of the textures to make sure that they cover everything and there are no artifacts.Now, I'd like to experiment with some of the more advanced texture features I think, but not sure what I should do next.Also, when I try to export a DDS from a PSD in which I have added an alpha channel, as a DXT5, it tells me "error too many channels". How do I get the alpha channel in the file?I notice (if I look closely) that I can see the "bloom" effect, but I wonder if I"ll be able to see the specular in Max, or if I'll have to go in-game to see the effects.Patrick

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Patrick, before saving as DDS type, simply "Flatten" all the Layers, then Save As in DDS format. (Don't forget to "Flip Vertically!")After the Save As, simply hit the "Step Backward" function to revert to your layered PSD format... ;)You will only be able to view Specular in the sim...