Sign in to follow this  
n4gix

Auto Flaps/Gear

I was told to come over here, check out the sights (sites?) and get some help for my new project.I'm creating the Bugatti P-100 fighter for FS9/X and I desperately need some help.Here's a message I posted on the FFDS forums a while back . . .I've been creating a new version of the Bugatti P-100/110 for FS9/X recently, and have run into a sort of block with making the VC. The original aircraft had automatically extending/retracting gear and flaps associated with the altitude the aircraft was at by using air pressure. I would like to simulate this, but am at a loss to find a way to do it. I've searched for individual gauges that would work this way, but have only been able to find "high-tech" gauges that would work for the flaps. In any case, I want to have a small panel in the VC (with 3D controls) that you can adjust to make the gear and flaps lower at any altitude. I would also include a manual gear control and flap handle, but both would be slaved to the automatic control. I'm guessing there's a lot of XML work in this, and I've searched through the back records here, but I don't even have the foggiest clue what I'm searching for, really. This is pretty new territory for me, so I am desperately searching for some help. If someone could even point me in the right direction (tutorials, XML descriptions, partial gauge/part code) I would be extremely greatful.

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

You could try using Radar Altitude as a trigger: (A:RADIO HEIGHT , feet) (L:TargetAltitude , feet) (L:DownAndLocked , bool) 0 == && < if (>K:FLAPS_DOWN) (>K:GEAR_DOWN) 1 (>L:DownAndLocked , bool) } (A:RADIO HEIGHT,feet) (L:TargetAltitude,feet) > (L:DownAndLocked,bool) 1 == && if{ (>K:FLAPS_UP) (>K:GEAR_UP) 0 (>L:DownAndLocked,bool) } You can write some mouse code to set the L:TargetAltitude,feet variable to your desired point...

Not sure if this is what you're referring to as "high-tech", but check out Glenn Copeland's "4th Hand" and "Auto Flaps" in the Avsim library for examples of auto-handling the flaps, and specifically handling the gear at a given altitude.