Sign in to follow this  
Guest Patrick_Waugh

An even better plugin!!

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

The download runs as a trial version for 20 sessions, and is cheapat $125.00 ( compared to the CAT addon from Soft Image ) runs on Max 8&9 . i use Max 8 so i can give this a try but i don't see any version that will run on Max4/Gmax .. too bad because this is the tool for engine cowlings and canopy production.Thanks for the heads up C.J

Chuck, did you have any problems using dds textures after installing the demo?Patrick

Yes a bug prevents vista machines running Max8 from opening .dds files, same goes for the Nvidia plugin for Max 8, wont open a dds or save to that format during a compile with auto texture save enabled. too bad .I was trying to track down a solution to this last week and did a bit of consultation http://www.aerodynamika.com/cgi-bin/yabb/Y...?num=1191330005 at FFDS and checked a dozen links on the subjectto conclude we are screwed.

Yes. I was seeing the same type of posts. I think a fix may come at some point, but even though I am on XP still, it disabled my ability to see dds unless I manually move dds.bmi up from the dxplugins directory to the stdplugins directory. But there is other stuff there, so I have a feeling that I won't be able to export either, at least with dds textures. I could just use psd textures on my next project, but I like using dds.Anyway, if you hear of a fix, let me know too.