Sign in to follow this  
Guest DigiFlight

External + Internal touchdown sound

Hi,I am willing to edit the sound.cfg file of a certain aircraft so I can have touchdown sound different for external and internal view.After reading the default 737 sound config file, I thought there was no way I could do that:[left_TOUCHDOWN]filename=bmtouch1, bmtouch2, bmtouch3, bmtouch4minimum_volume=10000On studying another aircraft sound cfg file I started thinking that it could be possible:[left_TOUCHDOWN]filename=TCHDNflags=0viewpoint=1minimum_volume=1000maximum_volume=1000But all I try fails. I have tried to double the snippet of code changing the viewpoint of the second one to 2: Only the first is played.I have also tried to double it changing the keys to LEFT_TOUCHDOWN.0 and LEFT_TOUCHDOWN.1: in this case none is played.Can someone help me, please?Is it possible to have both (internal and external) sounds of touchdown?Silvestre

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

The only possible way I can see would be to have multiple entries and use the viewpoint flag. Mind you, I've not tested this!viewpoint Determines when the sound is audible, one of:1 = internal cockpit views2 = external spot and tower views [left_TOUCHDOWN]filename=bmtouch3viewpoint=1[left_TOUCHDOWN]filename=bmtouch4viewpoint=2

I already tried that and wasn't successful. How should I name the keys? LEFT_TOUCHDOWN both,LEFT_TOUCHDOWN.0 and LEFT_TOUCHDOWN.1? Thanks!Silvestre

Definetly I can't make it.I have tried:(LEFT_TOUCHDOWN)*filename=Lflags=0viewpoint=1minimum_volume=9000maximum_volume=10000(LEFT_TOUCHDOWN.1)*filename=XLflags=0viewpoint=2minimum_volume=9000maximum_volume=10000Only the first one is played no matter the view.*AVSIM won't show square brackets, so I had to use parenthesis here

>I already tried that and wasn't successful. How should I name>the keys? >LEFT_TOUCHDOWN both,>LEFT_TOUCHDOWN.0 and LEFT_TOUCHDOWN.1?> Thanks!>SilvestreWell, from a closer read of the SDK, it seems as though viewpoint= is only applicable to [GROUND] entries...

Yeah, you're right.Viewpoint has no effect on touchdown.Shame!Thank you very much.Silvestre