Sign in to follow this  
Guest pecrowther

FSX Animations

I created some custom animations in FS9 using FSDS2 and parts named AnimateTimed(6,100) where 6 is the number of seconds and 100 is the number of frames. (Specifically a waving flag with several segments.)Is there an equivalent animation in FSX?Thanks,Phil

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Actually, FSX can use 'boned and skinned' animations, but that's not something that FSDS (any version) is capable of doing at this juncture.However, if you look in the FSX SDK, you'll find a number of 'Ambient0n' and 'AmbientRandom0n' tokens that will drive an infinitely repeated animation sequence, based on 100 keyframes.

Thanks. I will give them a try. Is there any way to set the speed of those animations? (If not, I suppose that you could "kludge" the proper speed by linking one to another and running the second one in the same or opposite direction to add or subtract speed.)The availability of "boned and skinned" animations is an interesting development since I have been using the old animations to insert animated people in my models (such as the sailor manning the watch on my Fletcher destroyer). I created him using techniques and textures borrowed from 3D animators - so he is decently lifelike.The "bone and skin" should allow even more sophisticated animations, but is probably a lot more than I need for my simple animations.Phil