Sign in to follow this  
Guest pecrowther

NonRandomAmbient Animation

I am using this animation to try to create a waving flag for a ship. It has about 6 segments that are linked to each other and together are supposed to create a wave motion. It worked fine in FS9.A few questions and problems:1. I understand that the different NonRandomAmbient animations have different lengths and times. Does anyone know what those are?2. I assume that when it reaches the end, it loops back to zero? I have an animation that does not seem to work this way.3. For some reason, the flag won't display in the right place. It floats in the air somewhere above the ship. I have tried linking it to a part on the ship, but it still won't stay put!Thanks,Phil

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

If you're working on FSX project, use the bone-skined animation for the flag.See the "Oil Rig" sample file for a "working flag."

I couldn't find that "oil rig" sample on avsim, but did find a tutorial that discussed using bone-skin animation to make a waving flag. Is that what you meant?The print-out in the tutorial suggested that the cycle for randomambient is 90 not 100.I solved my last problem - the problem with the flag being out of position. For some reason, the keyframes had the wrong XY position for the flag. So I fixed that.I guess I'll experiment to see if I can figure out the cycle on nonrandomambient. I was hoping someone might know.Phil