Sign in to follow this  
Guest Patrick_Waugh

View settings

HiCould somebody please explain to me the difference between 2 view settings --one in the panel .CFG file VIEW_FORWARD_EYE=x, y, z and one in the aircraft.cfg fileEYEPOINT = x, y, z I have always used the first of these to set my eyepoint in the VC.Thanks for any adviceBarry

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

>Hi>>Could somebody please explain to me the difference between 2>view settings -->>one in the panel .CFG file >>VIEW_FORWARD_EYE=x, y, z Actually, it is VIEW_FORWARD_DIRThis setting enables you to the default view direction for the forward view's pitch, bank, and heading(yaw).For example, from the C172: VIEW_FORWARD_DIR=8.000, 0.000, 0.000which tells you that instead of the default (0,0,0) the view forward will pitch 8 degrees, with no bank or yaw.>and one in the aircraft.cfg file>>EYEPOINT = x, y, z EYEPOINT refers to a position (+forward, +right, +up) relative to the aircraft's datum reference position. This "position" or "point" is where the eye (camera) is placed in the model when in the VC. In other words, it tells FS where you are placing the pilot's eye relative to the datum you have previously set in the aircraft.cfg.>I have always used the first of these to set my eyepoint in>the VC.Well, as you can now see, the first deals with the direction of a 2D view, in the 2D panel, and the 2nd deals with the position of the pilot's eye in the 3D virtual cockpit. In other words, they are independent of each other.Patrick