Sign in to follow this  
Guest Aviator_Frank

Eaglesoft Liberty Aerospace XL2 clock

Guest Aviator_Frank

I have this great little aircraft and all is well except for the clock: the hour hand stays on the previous hour's digit until the top of the hour then it jumps. 3:45 shows the hour hand directly on the 3 and it gets very difficult to tell time late in the hour.The screenshot on eaglesoft's site also shows this so it's not something on my system causing it, at least I don't think so. (That clock shows 2:25 with the hour hand directly on the 2 not almost halfway towards the 3)http://www.eaglesoftdg.com/images/aircraft...2_735/xl2D1.jpgIs there any way to edit the gauge and adjust it for a smooth motion like in other analog clocks, or is there a fix somewhere I can download?EDIT: It's also happening in the Piper Twin ComancheThanks in advance!

1. I'm not terribly surprised, since the same code is used in both clocks.2. No, you can't edit a compiled C++ gauge.3. Why aren't you asking on our dedicated forum for the XL2 at http://eaglesoftdg.com ??4. Since you are the first to notice this, it comes as news to me. I'll investigate and see what -if anything- may be done.Possibly I need to increase the resolution of the non-linearity table:NONLINEARITY CLOCK_Nonlin3[] = {{{125, 36}, 0, 0},{{216, 126}, 3, 0},{{126, 218}, 6, 0},{{35, 127}, 9, 0},};

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Guest Aviator_Frank

Bill -The eaglesoft forum seems to have very few topics so I figured they're not anywhere near as active, plus I've seen many posts here regarding your products.I'm a mechanical engineer . . it's my job to notice everything LOLThanks for looking into it.I've got your Cessna CJ1, Citation II, Piper Twin and the Libby. All fine aircraft and I love that blue-glow night lighting.EDIT: I just regged for the support forums and viola - there are all the posts.

Ron has recently upgraded the forum software from a 'beta' version to the new 'release' version. As a result, all of the earlier posts are now on the 'old forum' and will be migrated over and consolidated into a dedicated FAQ section for each product.As it happens, I've just completely rebuilt the Liberty XL2 to become a "True FSX-DX10 Compliant" model, and have also made some minor revisions to the gauge system. Once done, the new FSX version will be made available as a free update for current FSX owners.Also, since the FS9 version uses the same gauge code, we will of course be updating the FS9 package to include the revised/updated gauge system.It is pure serendipity that you brought up this issue now, as there's still a chance I'll be able to make the necessary corrections prior to the planned release date(s). ;)

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Guest Aviator_Frank

Thanks, Bill!