Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

n4gix

Conditional <String> Statements...

Okay,What's up with this? What have I overlooked? ;)When on the ground with the engine running, the formula below generates rediculous random numbers (e.g., "13895.0 Min". I'm trying to set a condition that will simply display " " (empty space) when below 40 knots.EDIT: Never Mind! I had a brain f*rt.....%((A:Sim On Ground,bool) 0 ==)...%{if}%((A:NAV1 DME, nmiles) (A:GPS GROUND SPEED, knots) / 60 *)%!0.1f! Min...%{else}% % I completely forgot that in we need to use %{if}% and %{else}% syntax...

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Bill,Just wondering, what is GaugeString?Dan

>Bill,>>Just wondering, what is GaugeString? is the new FSX keyword syntax that replaces ...In order to get their new "ACES XML Editor" to work, they had to do a major rewrite of the XML Schema. Although the "old" schema is still supported, there's no guarantee that it will be for future versions, so I've been coding all new gauges in the new format, then 'reverse translating' them to the old scheme for use in FS9.

Ha-So,And we just thought you had a lot of time on your hands... :)No, but seriously - thats a lot of work. Is this ACES program included in the FSX or separate or ? I have FSX, but shelved it when I couldn't get more than 8 FPS and I didn't want to invest in a new computer as of yet; not to mention the $1,000's it seems like I spent on FS9 already. But for sure latter I will have to make that transition.Was the new code hard to learn and will the FS9 code work in FSX?Dan

>I have FSX, but shelved it when I couldn't get more than 8 FPS>and I didn't want to invest in a new computer as of yet; not>to mention the $1,000's it seems like I spent on FS9 already.>But for sure latter I will have to make that transition.The ACES.exe XML Design Tool is included in the SDK.>Was the new code hard to learn and will the FS9 code work in>FSX?There actually isn't that much difference between them. The new schema is more verbose (wordy) and what might take only four lines of XML now takes ten lines... ;)Yes, FS9 XML works just fine in FSX. However, as is the case with "FS98 C gauges," it is quite likely that FSvNext might not support the old XML schema.