Sign in to follow this  
StephanS

DSD Spoiler sound problem

Hi,You can change the volume while playing a soundloop.Probably you cannot put the sound on and change volume together from within tags.So maybe you need first to put the sound on in a (see upstairs)You can make a small gauge to read the values of the sound command in a string, so you can see what happens.Jan"Beatus ille qui procul negotiis..."

You should be able to dynamically change the volume of any playing sound.Remember though, you can only change the value of a particular LVar once on any given gauge update.Doug

Hi Doug & JanThank you for the hints.I will try it with the definition. And i will build a separate gauge for dispaynig the variables for me to control while programming.I won't settle for less. :-)

OK, i made it.Thanks another time for your help.Double times using a value for the sound-variable was the problem.Now i activate the sound (sound loop with the value "2") via a button i build into the panel and change the volume via a section.An improvement i made: i used the "SPOILER LEFT POSITION" instead of the "... HANDLE POSITION", because it simulate the real spoilermovement that the sounds are intended for ( the left side and the right side are checked, and the greater value is used )The only thing left is: Is it an effective way to play the sound the whole time keeping its volume to zero ?But i have found no other solution in activating and setting-the-volume in once as the double does not function.For anybody here feel free with the following lines (but if you find improvements please post them here):SpoilerSound ON/OFF(G:Var1) ! (>G:Var1) (G:Var1) 0 == if{ 0 (>L:DSD_XML_SOUND_ID01, number) } els{ 2 (>L:DSD_XML_SOUND_ID01, number) }(G:Var1)(A:SPOILERS LEFT POSITION, percent) (A:SPOILERS RIGHT POSITION, percent) > if{ (A:SPOILERS LEFT POSITION, percent) (>G:Var2, percent) } els{ (A:SPOILERS RIGHT POSITION, percent) (>G:Var2, percent) }(G:Var2, percent) 0 > (A:SIM ON GROUND, bool) 0 == & if{ (G:Var2, percent) (>L:dsd_xml_sound_volume, enum) } els{ 0 (>L:dsd_xml_sound_volume, enum) } 3 (>L:DSD_XML_SOUND_ID01, number)

Continually playing a sound at zero volume is very inefficient. You will be better off comparing the current required volume against the last volume you set. Reset the volume when the difference becomes significant.Doug

Hi Doug,i`ve activated the loop-sound (value=2) in the section, because setting it also in a section did not function. This, because i set the volume (value=3) in a section where i associate it with the spoilers-position. To avoid hearing the sound the whole flight, i set the volume to zero, when no spoiler is active.Is there a way to combine setting the sound to "2" for the loop and "3" for accepting the volume setting, both in a section ?In this case i can condition the loop-playcommand for the sound only when the spoilers go out.Thanks ! :-)

Perhaps nobody home ?!I made a gauge based on dsd_xml_sound for the spoilers to generate a wind sound, when they are used. I activate the sound-loop by mouseclick and change the volume in a section as shown above (3 posts back).I made another gauge wich generate a wind-sound of the lowered undercarriage. It works also with the sound-loop-activation by a mouseclick and the volume-setting in a section.My problem: when i install both gauges in a panel. one of them does not work, although i set the volume to the specific sound. I tried to combine both gauges in one, but the same problem persists.Most times it is the spoiler-sound that don`t work, and it semms to be important wich gauge you enable first by mouseclick.Please, who can give me a hint to the detail, what went wrong ?Do i have this right, that i have the possibility with dsd-xml-sound to play simultaneous sounds with different trigger-conditions and different volumes ? I thought this is contained in the manual.Here`s my dsd-ini-file:=======================[Config]MaxSounds=4ErrorFlag=0ResetVolumeVar=1 //i also tried 0 but didn`t help !LvarStop=soundstopVolumeVar=dsd_xml_sound_volume[LVars]Lvar00=DSD_XML_SOUND_ID00Lvar01=DSD_XML_SOUND_ID01[sounds]Sound00=./Sound/dsd/gearair.wavSound01=./Sound/dsd/spoilerair.wavHere`s the second gauge i programmed in addition to the spoilerwindsound above - they don`t work togehter :================================================================Gear-Wind-Sound ON/OFF(G:Var1) ! (>G:Var1) (G:Var1) 0 == if{ 0 (>L:DSD_XML_SOUND_ID00, number) } els{ 2 (>L:DSD_XML_SOUND_ID00, number) }(G:Var1)(A:AIRSPEED INDICATED, knots) s0 0 50 l0 rng if{ (A:AIRSPEED INDICATED, knots) } 50 60 l0 rng if{ 81 } 60 70 l0 rng if{ 82 } 70 80 l0 rng if{ 83 } 80 90 l0 rng if{ 84 } 90 100 l0 rng if{ 85 } 100 110 l0 rng if{ 86 } 110 120 l0 rng if{ 87 } 120 130 l0 rng if{ 88 } 130 140 l0 rng if{ 89 } 140 150 l0 rng if{ 90 } 150 160 l0 rng if{ 91 } 160 170 l0 rng if{ 92 } 170 180 l0 rng if{ 93 } 180 190 l0 rng if{ 95 } 190 200 l0 rng if{ 95 } 200 210 l0 rng if{ 96 } 210 220 l0 rng if{ 96 } 220 230 l0 rng if{ 96 } 230 240 l0 rng if{ 97 } 240 999 l0 rng if{ 98 }(>G:Var2)(A:GEAR CENTER POSITION, percent) 0 == if{ 0 (>L:dsd_xml_sound_volume, enum) } els{ (A:GEAR CENTER POSITION, percent) 4 * 20 / 80 + 100 / (G:Var2) * (>L:dsd_xml_sound_volume, enum) } 3 (>L:DSD_XML_SOUND_ID00, number)Thank you...Hopefully