Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest pv652

Longitudinal stability modding

Hi everyone,I'm a newbie in the modding activity, which I decided to enter to make more realistic the Aus Sim Warrior V2.1 for FSX SP2. Since I'm lucky enough to have flown real Pa28s for a few hundreds hours, I felt able and needing to correct AuSim's otherwise great product!OVERLY EXCESSIVE LONGITUDINAL STABILITY IS THE MAJOR DEFECT that makes this FSX add-on unreal and unpleasant to use.When I put the plane in a turn and I then center ailerons, it ABRUPTLY returns to wings level better than if there were an auto-leveler engaged!QUESTION IS: how to work to make the lovely Warrior sim stay in a turn when I center ailerons just like its real brethren?FAILED TRIES: changing the roll_stability to lower values didn't improve the situation. RELEVANT INFO: Aus Sim Warrior for FS9 worked absolutely fine, but all stability values are identical to FSX variant, so I suppose that's not the prob.Thanks for your attention!!!Pier

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

We had the same 'issue' with the FSX version of the Premier I's roll stability.I tweaked the scalar to reduce the 'snap back' effect:roll_stability=3.0 // was 0.7

Thanks for your reply! :-)It seems I was a bit too soft in changing the roll_stability values, which I tried between 0.5 and 2 without success.I worked things around replacing the .air file of the AusSim PA28 V2 for FSX with the .air file of the V1 version for FS9... Sure it's a step back, but in the right direction, so I now have my ultimate FSX Warrior 8-)Bye!!!Pier