Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest jprintz

traffic radar arne bartels

is there any way to get the data currently available as a tooltip, in a form i can store to an L:Var ? bearing diatance slant angle? or better yet latitude, longitude, & altitude. i am trying to use the radar as a military type, and would like to be able to "lock up" on target (target being any of the displayed blips with the range setting).the ideal would be to searh for an aircraft at a given latitude and longitude. then highlight that aircraft or exclude all others from the display. perhaps treat the info on a manner similar to nearest airport or nearest vor...etc.

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Hi,If you know a bit of C++, you can modify the source code to do/show whatever you need, as Arne made it public domain. Otherwise it is not possible to add anything within the XML appart from what Arne describes in the documentation.Tom

ridgell, could you maybe consider a whole alternate method and use what's described in the "XML Gauge Maps" section of the FSX SDK? I was hesitant to dive into it myself, just because I had been avoiding the FSX XML syntax for as long as possible, but right now I'm extremely glad I made that investment. The described features are not available in FS9, of course... which may be a slight drawback to some. ;-)