Sign in to follow this  
WarpD

strange throttle sticking problem

Hi ALL, I've come to pick your brains :-) I've done a slight modification to an air file for a 727-100 in order to get the fuel flow values right with respect to the engines. To do this I had to decrease the FF vs N2 table values by a small amount; about 13%. This is in FS9 Here's the problem: after making this ONE modification, then when flying at altitude and leaving the throttle setting alone, when one goes to adjust the throttle there's no response with the engines. This has been confirmed on another computer by another person. No response with both keyboard and CH yoke. If I move the throttle all the way back on the yoke I get the appropriate warning lights, but no engine response. Restoring the orginial air file resolves the problem. In an attempt to find the problem I changed 1503 and 1504 a bit, but the problem remained. Any ideas? Thanks in advance. Mike

Despite it's name... table 1505-"Turbine Corrected Fuel Flow vs CN2" actually affects spool rate more than actual fuel flow. It can control the way engines start... based on level of fuel flow. It will not control how much fuel is being burned at any given moment.The primary item that controls fuel burn rate is the 'fuel_flow_scalar' in the aircraft.cfg file. It's value controls the thrust specific fuel consumption (TSFC) and is defined as follows:If your aircraft's engines TSFC is 0.70, then you would multiply that value by 2 and that would give you your 'fuel_flow_scalar'.Once that is set, it's a matter of setting the correct values in table 1506-"Turbine Corrected Thrust Factor vs CN1 and Mach".

Ed Wilson

Mindstar Aviation
My Playland - I69

I already set the fuel_flow_scalar to 2*SFC with little affect. That's why I turned to the Fuel flow table. I'll try your route however. Any idea on why a small change in the FF table would cause the throttle to become inactive?? I've done lots of mods on all the 150x tables and never had this problem crop up. Mike

As I've already stated, the table you changed does not affect actual fuel flow as much as it affects the point where fuel flow rate is equal to 100% of the fuel_flow_scalar level.You should not be touching it unless you're going to change the startup process with regards to when fuel flow reaches 100% of the fuel_flow_scalar.

Ed Wilson

Mindstar Aviation
My Playland - I69