Sign in to follow this  

Texture Question

I need some help from some scenery/texture gurus PLEASE!I build air files and panels so I don't know much about textures and I hope I came to the right place. The problem is aircraft models do not roll properly on taxiways and runways - there is too much friction between the wheels and the two listed textures. Is there any possible way known to modify the texture files so there will be less friction? I'm working on a FS2002 B727-200 air file that was constructed from many hours of data obtained from a 727-200 full-motion simulator. The 727 will roll down taxiways and runways under idle thrust once a little power is applied but this obviously doesn't work in FS2002. I've tried building an air file that will produce enough thrust to overcome the resistance at idle on the ground, but this creates an aircraft that will not slow down upon descent.Thanks in advance for any help..Charles

Hi Charles,Interesting question.As far as I know no information about friction or so is included in the texture.For the polygon (that uses the texture) a certain surfacetype can be specified and I think that has some influence on the friction. If you have some Fs2000 addon sceneries in Fs2002 you will probably see these have bumpy taxiways and you see dirt behind your wheels. This is because they then don't have the correct (smooth) surfacetype.But once they are smooth I wouldn't know a way to change the friction.ArnoMember NL2000 Teamhttp://home.wanadoo.nl/arno.gerretsen

Arno

If the world should blow itself up, the last audible voice would be that of an expert saying it can't be done.

FSDeveloper.com | Former Microsoft FS MVP | Blog

Textures are different colored pictures made up of pixels that have an RGB value.Any friction properties will be assigned to the polygon.This simulator does not use a friction setting.Best to muck about with the air.file which is way out of my understanding.

Well, thanks to all that provided feedback. I guess the search continues in the air file....Thanks..

Maybe we should remove the "bump mapping" :-))B