Sign in to follow this  
Guest Joe

Message...Not Found in Scenery Library

Installed scenery of Cuba, cusc2002.zip.When starting FS2002 the flight was loading and a message popped up stating that...Scenery Library Object Not Found.0x4E6F7661, 0x54726565, 0x4C696231, 0x00000006I noticed that a couple of buildings didn't have textures although I loaded the required textures into FS2002Texture.Searched my system for "0x" anything and came up with nothing close to a series of numbers that would give me indication as to where to start looking.Does anyone recognize these numbers or know to what they refer?Joe

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Hi JoeI can only answer a small apart of your question"0x" is the computer's way of telling you that the next characters are hexadecimal, so they don't relate to any specific filename that you would find on disk.I've often wondered if there is a way of converting these numbers to something useful whenever I've installed scenery with missing textures. Any ideas anyone?David

This message has nothing to do with a missing texture. The error means that a library BGL has not been found. The hexadecimal ID refers to the object that can not be found.The best suggestion is to read the help files of the scenery, they will probably tell you to install the trees by Gerrish Gray or something like that.ArnoMember NL2000 Teamhttp://home.wanadoo.nl/arno.gerretsen

Thanks, David and Arno.The author specified the Nova textures...which I have and I believe are up to date.He also refers to a zip file of his own textures CuTx2002.zip which are supposed to be used. This file wasn't in the package. I did a search for the file name where I downloaded the scenery...no hits!I had read his "readme" throughly before the install. He said in it that if he has indication that the readme hasn't been read, he won't respond!At this point I have emailed him about the above referenced zip file.His instructons are in English but seem to be translated from Spanish and are a little difficult to follow. Since I already am fairly versed in scenery installs, I was able to work my way through it!Thanks again! Joe===========================================================================His File ID text....."Fs2002 Scenery of Cuba CuSc2002.zipMay 2002It includes 86 airports renoved with NOVA and much enhancements in the landscape. 390 cities in his exactily coordinates are very detailled and have colonial custom buildings monuments, The Capitolio, The Cathedral of Havana, National Hotel, Many hotels in Varadero, Many Churchs, and harbors.See Fs2002 Scenery of Cuba CuSc2002.zipMay 2002It includes 86 airports renoved with NOVA and much enhancements in the landscape. 390 cities in his exactily coordinates are very detailled and have colonial custom buildings monuments, The Capitolio, The Cathedral of Havana, National Hotel, Many hotels in Varadero, Many Churchs, and harbors.See CuTx2002.zip textures for CuSc2002.zipIt permits flyngs VFR and IFRBy Toni Agramonttextures for CuSc2002.zipIt permits flyngs VFR and IFRBy Toni Agramont"

Hi Joe, I may be mistaken, but I believe that Toni's textures were right next to the scenery in the Flightsim list. Let me know how it looks - I may want to take a look if you think it is very nice. Although Toni does very nice work.Best regards.Luis

Hi Luis. Yes, the two file was were right there together...didn't see it! Imagine that! I got everything going early today. The Toni's Cuba Scenery does look good but it reduces the frame rates in my computer to something that you could throw a cat through...the 7-11 range.I does well when just running the terrain mesh that was included. That's probably what I'll do, keep the mesh and let the other go till I get more computer.Joe