Sign in to follow this  
jkanold

Save/export X format & G max rectangle facing the camer

Hi2 Questions : how do I save or export my G max object as X format ( also to load it to the makemdl lod window ) as it been instruct in the makmdl sdkalso:how can I make a rectangle in G MAX and make it look ALLWAYS facing the camera in flight simulator ,,,, (like a logo showing it face anywhere you turn arround it,,,)danny

For your first question I don't know the answer. I think we are all still looking for that.For the second question, it can be done using the SCASM command RotateToAircraft. I don't think GMax can do it (depends on MakeMDL of course). So I think the best thing you can do is find the BGLC command that is equivalent to RotateToAircraft and then edit the ASM file made by GMax by hand.ArnoMember NL2000 Teamhttp://home.wanadoo.nl/arno.gerretsen

Arno

If the world should blow itself up, the last audible voice would be that of an expert saying it can't be done.

FSDeveloper.com | Former Microsoft FS MVP | Blog

Urm the X File Exportthing was solved last weekend 8O), using a combo of middleman and mdlcommander (link found on middleman page) you can save the X file from memory to disk, you don`t actually need middleman to do it but it does add a front end for mdlcommanders options (it has no front end).------------------------------------------The BGL command would be ........SPRITE_VICALL subroutine,xx,yy,zz,pp,pv,bb,bv,hh,hv; -----------------------------------------------------------------------------; SPRITE_VICALL - This command will always rotate the object toward the eye. It; works as follows:; 1. xx,yy,zz are subtracted from current visual_position.x/y/z; 2. object is rotated in heading if hh is non-zero and then; hh is added to the new heading; 3. hv is gotten if non-zero and added to new heading; 4. object is rotated in bank if bb is non-zero and then; bb is added to the new bank; 5. bv is gotten if non-zero and added to new bank; 6. object is rotated in pitch if pp is non-zero and then; pp is added to the new pitch; 7. pv is gotten if non-zero and added to new pitch; 8. object is then instanced and displayed;; Entry: subroutine = relative offset to the BGL subroutine; xx,yy,zz = offset for rotate at; pp,bb,hh = fixed PBH to add to rotated object (each of; these must be non-zero to rotated that axis; toward the eye); pv,bv,hv = offset into current var block to get pbh to; rotated. This is done even if the axis is not; rotated to the eye.; -----------------------------------------------------------------------------Chris Filehttp://thegreatptmd.tripod.com