Sign in to follow this  
shermank

Please!! I need your help, I have a problem with mi vid

Hi:I have a GeForce 4 MX400 with 64MB DDR, I have installed the 27.42 and the 28.32 drivers and I have a problem with the multi texturing, I put the option acyivated in the sim but I don`t see any multi textures, and by consequence I can`t see the waves, the reflects on the airplanes or in the water, so, please I hope you can help me and tell me what I need to do to make the multi texturing work, please, somone hel me, I am very sad

Guest SD Sim

Icaro,I'm sure there are many here that would be happy to help you, but we need a little more information. Can you post your display settings for us?

I have heard that GF4MX series does not do muti texturing at all.You might want to use the search function on this forum because I know i have read something similar to it.This would not surprise me if it is true because the GF4MX series uses GF2 techology Richard Dillon KATLSr First Officer www.jetstarairlines.com"Bill Grabowski's"ERJ-145 panel Beta TeamMD-11 panel Beta Team____________________________"Lets Roll" 9/11 Specs AMD 1600 XP 512MB DDR GF3 ti 200 64MB SBliveCh Products Yoke and Pedals(usb)Windows 2000 SP2

>I have heard that GF4MX series does not do muti texturing at >all.You might want to use the search function on this forum >because I know i have read something similar to it.This >would not surprise me if it is true because the GF4MX series >uses GF2 techology Not true... use the same card and get full multitexturing, reflections and all the other visual creampuffs...I wonder if it could be a memory problem in the card or on the mobo.Sherman KaplanHighland Park IL

The GeForce4 MX is quite capable of reflective textures, but I have read elsewhere that it is a bug in the Detonator drivers. I actually think is a problem which is more specific to FS2002, as I am also playing IL-2 Sturmovik and it manages reflective textures on the planes and water under both OpenGL and DirectX (although OpenGL seems to do a better job of it). It doesn't seem to make any difference which of the GF4 compliant drivers I use, they all do the same thing. I've read that the 23.xx series do not display this problem, but they can't be installed if you are running a GF4.Have a look at this post and discussion on AFG Forum.GeForce4 MX discussionThe "trick" that Eddie talks about does work, but as I mentioned it doesn't work in full screen mode. Now, I know many prefer to use FS2002 windowed and probably can't see what the problem is but for the rest of us it is extremely frustrating. I would be interested to see what sort of setup Sherman is using and why he is able to make full use of the card's abilities while many others can't. Honestly, If I'd known there was going to be this much stuffing around getting the card to perform properly, I would have spent and extra AUD$150 on a GF3.Duron 1100768 SDRAMLeadtek GF4 MX440 64 MbAvance 97Sidewinder Precision 2Win XP ProCurrently using Det 29.11

Just to catch everyone up, I have a NVIDIA GeForce2 MX/MX 400 with 64megs of ram on board. I have an Pentium III based mother board with 256 megs of ram. I operate in full or window mode without difficulty. I just read, btw on another thread which was discussing the AGP aperture size in the bios a major discussion of various approaches to AGP adjustment. Just on a hunch, after reading some of the back and forth, I set my aperture opening for the maximum allowed by my board which is 128 megs. Now, I do not understand all the techie stuff about this, but in a flight I completed a few minutes ago, with the new Convair 580 from Denver to Aspen, the picture looked sharper than ever before (no blurries), and there was no hesitations...and good frame rates. Frankly, I think fps is highly overrated in importance, and we should be more interested in fluid motion. I have mine set to 16fps max, and this is quite adequate. I have not had a chance yet to test this AGP aperture setting on some of the more crowded and problematic scenery, but I will try to do that over the weekend...and post some info if things turn out as interesting as I hope. As for settings, I have most at half or better, and when I download real wx, no matter what comes up, I always keep visibility distance to no more than 20 miles. I think this is a big help for smooth fps....since it causes less computer memory demand trying to refresh those far away textures. I am not sure that I have answered anyone's problems, but, I'd be happy to try...Sherman KaplanHighland Park IL