Sign in to follow this  
akriesman

How to get started making new Landclasses?

Hi,I want to fix my home city, Tucson AZ, so that the city extends out like it does in real life. The FS2002 version of Tucson is the way the city appeared about 10 years ago before all the growth to the north and northwest. I want to learn how to extend the city textures to make the true boundaries of the city and possibly also how to make things like roads and washes. (dried up rivers that we have here that only fill during big storms)I have no idea where to get started with this - my experience in scenery goes only to fixing the ILS beams at KPHX using EasyNav... ;) Can anyone help me out with learning how to do this?Thanks!Ryan

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Hi Ryan.Why not use the forum's search function? use 'landclass' and go back one year, and read the posts. Best way to learn.When you're ready, download John Cillis' 'Landclass Assistant' from the AVSIM Library... and get his updates there as well.Dick

Ryan,Sinced I only learned this recently also, here are a few places to start.FS2002 Custom Terrain SDKhttp://zone.msn.com/flightsim/FS02DevDeskSDK15.aspNice LandClass link, can't remember by who. This page has links to other nice pages and utilities.http://home.att.net/~mesh64/landcoverintro.htmlI would read the MS Document "Creating Terrain and Land Classification", which is part of the Terrain SDK. Pay special attention to the discussion of LOD.Also, watch out for the TEXTURE folder problem (see my recent post).Good Luck,Allen