Sign in to follow this  
rhumbaflappy

FSRegen Effects comilation problem

I'm attempting to place some chimney smoke in a scenery file by using FSRegen to replace a specified material with the effect I want. I've gotten this to work for lighting with no problems, but when I attempt to place any effect, I get this BGLC error on compile: : error A2008: syntax error: GRG_FX1Here's the actual line FSRegen seems to have created in my asm file:SCALE_AGL SKIP_FX10180, 10000, 313, 131072, 05DB90Eh, 06D3h, 0A29F3EBEh, 037F8h, 06h, 0E45Ah GRG_FX1 "fx_steam1" , "MOY=01,12;DOM=01,31;HOD=00,23;MOH=00,59;"SKIP_FX10180 label BGLCODESKIP_FX label BGLCODE SCALE_AGL SKIP_FX10176, 10000, 313, 131072, 05DB902h, 0F982h, 0A29F3926h, 0C43Ch, 06h, 0E45Ah GRG_FX1 "fx_steam1" , "MOY=01,12;DOM=01,31;HOD=00,23;MOH=00,59;"SKIP_FX10176 label BGLCODESKIP_FX label BGLCODEI get one instance of the above error for each effect I try to place. In the example above, I was placing two. Anyone who is more comfortable with the asm language than myself have a clue what's wrong? My sense is it's something small, but I can't quite make out what it is.BTW, I'm using the latest BGLC from the FS2002 SDK, and FSRegen 0.30a beta.thanks,

Bill Womack

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Visit my FS Blog or follow me on Twitter (username: bwomack).

Intel i7-950 OC to 4GHz | 6GB DDR3 RAM | Nvidia GTX460 1gb | 2x 120GB SSDs | Windows 7 Ultimate 64Bit

Hi Bill.I had an issue with the version of BGLC and FSREGEN some time ago, and I remember that his version of BGLC differed from the newer versions!I'm curious, what includes are called by the BGLC code? Lines like:include BGLDEF.INCbecause that's where the problem lies. George used a somewhat odd way of including macro files ( INC files ). He includes several other INCs with the BGLDEF.inc file... but I think this INC will never get called by the newer BGLC versions, as that is already internally included inside BGLC. It is obvious to me that BGLC has no idea what "GRG_FX1" means ( it's a macro in "grginc.inc" ). That means that grginc.inc is never actually included. There should be a fix for this, but I'll probably need to see the whole code to fix it.-------------Meanwhile...The BGLC code should have some includes at the start of the code. If it does not, then add these lines:include scenery.incinclude grginc.incinclude DAMAGEFLAGS.INC... and these include files, plus TMFMacros.inc, need to be in the same folder as BGLC.exe when compiling.That should force BGLC to recognize what "GRG_FX1" means.Dick

Well, that was a great thought, and I figured you had probably lead me to the solution. Alas, there are no included files at all in the asm or _0.asm files. So it's back to the drawing board...That's a quaint expression, huh?

Bill Womack

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Intel i7-950 OC to 4GHz | 6GB DDR3 RAM | Nvidia GTX460 1gb | 2x 120GB SSDs | Windows 7 Ultimate 64Bit

Hi Bill.It's either a missing INC file, or the reference to 'include' the file is missing from the code.If those INC files are with BGLC.exe in the same folder, add these lines at the very start of the asm code:include scenery.incinclude grginc.incinclude DAMAGEFLAGS.INC...and it should compileDick

Ah, that makes good sense. I'll do it right now.

Bill Womack

Well, so far so good! I got it to stop with the other errors by including the files you mentioned. Now I've only got one more error to go through:error A2005: symbol redefinition : SKIP_FXI noticed that in the code included, SKIP_FX appears to be defined twice... should I remove one of them?SKIP_FX10180 label BGLCODESKIP_FX label BGLCODE SCALE_AGL SKIP_FX10176, 10000, 313, 131072, 05DB902h, 0F982h, 0A29F3926h, 0C43Ch, 06h, 0E45Ah GRG_FX1 "fx_steam1" , "MOY=01,12;DOM=01,31;HOD=00,23;MOH=00,59;"SKIP_FX10176 label BGLCODESKIP_FX label BGLCODE BGL_RETURN

Bill Womack

Hi Bill.Just put a "; " ( colon-space ) in front of one of the lines and see what happens. The colon comments-out the line.I'm thinking maybe neither line is needed. Look in the rest of the code and see if SKIP_FX is used anywhere else... probably used as a relative or offset location, if at all. I think the code is probably "extra" that is unneeded.Dick

you DA MAN! Commenting out the last one worked like a charm. Has anyone heard from Georgio lately? I wonder if he'll have time to continue working on FSRegen. It's such a great tool, but so unfinished. At any rate, I think armed with this information I can now do my effects placement properly. Thanks for the help! I know I can always count on ole Rhumba to pull through!

Bill Womack

Hi Bill.I hope 'TedZ' is helped by this. I contacted George a while back, because he had abruptly disappeared and stopped working on FSRegen and his website. He is fine, but for personal reasons cannot spend the time to develop these projects any further. He is a great guy, and I miss his posts.I'm more than a little embarrased to admit I have almost no knowledge of FSRegen, Gmax, or object design at all! Nor are my programming skills very good! I do have a good working knowledge of the terrain engine, and I'm familiar with the way BGLC exposes errors ( because I get errors almost every day ). :-lol Another great guy whose posts I miss is Orlando Sotomayor. He too has a problem with time for this hobby, as he has a young family to care for... and Christian Stock also has limited time for this, and his other projects, and so his helpful postings are more infrequent. It's a cycle that we all go through. Life just has this habit of interfering with our hobbies. :)Dick