Sign in to follow this  

Placing Buildings

After much experimenting with FSSC I finally rebuilt my home airport. Now the problem I have is that I want to add buildings. The ones I have tried to add with FSSC arent so hot looking. Anybody have any ideas what would work doing this? Preferably something with an extensive library of buildings and even aircraft for that matter. Pay or Free it doesnt matter. One other note I am not the most proficient scenery builder so a steep learning curve isnt the best idea. Thats not to tall an order now is it :-lol

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Sure, you can use any 3D modelling program starting from EOD (free), FSDS v2(pay) and ending on gMax(free). That is my very basic answer for your also rather fundamental question. Does name "macro" sound familiar? There are few of them (with various buildings) in major file libraries on the net.Ted

If your in this for the long term Teds mention of FSDS2 from Abacuspub.com is a excellent choice, it should carry you through FS2004 fine check in the file library here on Avsim for KRDD the terminal building was bulit using FSDS2 and the scenery using FSArchitect.Scenery design is fun stuff once you get over the frustration curb. I am getting ready to do my first major airport project hope to have it out around March...cant tell you what it is yet.Regaurds

Hi "Wad" (not sure why people can't just type in their firt names)Anyway Like Ted below there are several tools out there for creatingyour meshes but there WILL be a learning curve FSDS2 is easy to learnand is payware and second there is gmax free but with a somewhat steeper leaning curve plus if you use gmax you will be learning to use a industry standard tool set. Both are very good tools. Just remember it takes time to learn somthing new!! Dan