Sign in to follow this  

How to compile tweaked ASM Files ?

I want to tweak the asm files created by gmax. Two asm files where created. How should I compile these two files to get one bgl file with the bglc compiler ?Thank's in advance.ByeJoerg

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Hi Joerg,GMax makes two files for you, whatever.asm and whatever_0.asm. The first file contains the code for the location, scale, etc of the object, while the second one contains the actual code of the objects (vertex and triangle lists). The first file, whatever.asm, includes the second one, whatever_0.asm. This means that you only have to recompile the first one with BGLC and then you will get a correct BGL that contains everything. You don't need to change or add anything for this.Arno

Member Netherlands 2000 Scenery Team[a href=http://home.wanadoo.nl/arno.gerretsen]http://home.wanadoo.nl/arno.gerretsen/banner.jpg[/a]

Hello Arno,This seems to be the procedure that works for everyone, but not for me. I can never get compilation of the principal asm file.Perhaps this is related to my OS - I am running Windows 98 SE. Or perhaps it is something else.Anyway, it is relatively easy to remove the include statement in the first file and replace it with the entire code from the second file. Then, everything compiles correctly. (Or at least, it seems to.)Just a note for anyone who may not be able to get it to work in the normal way.Best regards.Luis

Hello Arno,I doubt that it is the OS, as well. But, I seem to have problems with consoles in general. Could never get TerraBuilder to work either.Maybe it is some environment variable. Or probably not, as the complete asm file compiles with no problem.I should try eliminating Middleman. Perhaps the comments that it adds to the file prevent compilation.In fact, using CellGrid by Dick Ludowise, I cannot get the text file to compile if it has his comment on CFS.But, I am too old (although I am not ancient yet) and have no desire to spend time hunting down petty problems - it works my way, so, why bother?Thank you for asking, though.Best regards.Luis