Sign in to follow this  

Arno's "Bumpy"

Hi Sebastian.The only thing I have verified that could use v2 to control the size of the exclusion of autogen is SurfaceType. Ground polygons either exclude or they do not. Arno has written some rules concerning this in another thread about autogen exclusion. A dummy RotatedCall, trailing a ground polygon, can save the exclusion the autogen.Dick

No, I would not want autogen on top of the polygon. But it would be better to be able to remove the autogen exclusion the polygon creates, and then exclude autogen "manually" with several own, smaller exclude areas over the polygon itself. Simpler than dividing the polygon in several parts.

OK. Although I don't think that is much easier. As you can also only make exclude areas in rectangular shapes. This means you could still get the same sort of effects (unless your current polygon is that big and complex that it can be "divided" into several parts).At the moment I don't know which code is best to save the autogen. See also the other topic about it, at the moment we are busy to understand all principles of it. I think some more results will come out the following days.Arno

Member Netherlands 2000 Scenery Team[a href=http://home.wanadoo.nl/arno.gerretsen]http://home.wanadoo.nl/arno.gerretsen/banner.jpg[/a]

Arno

If the world should blow itself up, the last audible voice would be that of an expert saying it can't be done.

FSDeveloper.com | Former Microsoft FS MVP | Blog

BUMP!Still need some help... :)Arno, have you btw been thinking of Bumpy during this last week? No update coming or so? Anyway, the airport option does not seem to work at all (surface type = asphalt and x,y values so high they cover all asphalt areas with ease). Anyone who got these to work? In earlier proejcts I've always had to make invisible runways, but I suspect those exclude autogen the same way as normal runways, i.e. very much on the ends./Sebastian

Guest JR Morgan

Sebastian...The code posted in reply #11 to your (this) thread is Apt26 code and works to save autogen without losing a single tree. However, note that the SurfaceType is held to X=0 & Y=0 in the Apt26 'create ground polygon' window AND a surface type is applied (ADDITIONLLY) by calling the 2nd macro listed in that same reply. Functionally, the X & Y=0 is applied in the listed code's section labeled :B2.In other words, my testing revealed that to preserve AGN, the SurfaceType SHOULD-NOT-BE-MERGED-WITH the ground poly code as the Apt26 code allows AS AN OPTION. Such merging works fine for areas where you do not want AGN to appear (Taxiways, Ramps, etc, etc), however, to PRESERVE the AGN I found that I had to apply surface type smoothing seperately and in-addition-to the textured ground poly code.Also, note that there is a 'Create Surface Type' routine available in Apt. For unknown reasons, that routine works fine but still kills a little of the AGN. Because of that condition, I use the seperately called surface type macro listed in reply 11. I suspect (but not sure) the reason for that (minor) problem has to do with the VB interface's action in converting to .sca code for the surface type routine.It appears to me that Arno's 'Bumpy' routine is intended to allow the designer to apply smoothing to a ground poly with more complex shapes than the simple X & Y definitions as presently existing in SCASM. That's a good 'mission task' but I think he mentioned that it needed revision if AGN is intended to be preserved on the complex-shaped polygons.J.R.

Hi Sebastian,I don't think an update of Bumpy is need, it should work fine.If the v2 value is set correct in the design program (Bumpy reads it from the SCASM file) then it should also be correct in Bumpy. In the autogen exclusion thread we found that autogen is excluded only if the v2 value is too small.If you still have problems, can you then send me the SCASM file Bumpy made? Then I can check if the v2 values are wrong. If this happens really often, then I might not want to take them from the design program, but calculate them myself.Arno

Member Netherlands 2000 Scenery Team[link:home.wanadoo.nl/arno.gerretsen]Arno's FlightSim World for scenery design hints, tips and other tricks...

Arno

If the world should blow itself up, the last audible voice would be that of an expert saying it can't be done.

FSDeveloper.com | Former Microsoft FS MVP | Blog

Aha, okay.Btw, has anyone got the non.bumpy too in Airport to work? I'm always bound to use invisible runways to get it to work...I'll have a look at the V2.