Sign in to follow this  

Ground2K error

HELP I'm getting rather desperate...In my extended quest to change the shoreline in I think one single cell (which I have yet to accomplish after two weeks of trying different progs) I downloaded the new Ground2K.Now, I take my background image (256x256 pixels) and enter the NW and SE coordinates (60,4475 46,0551 60,4331 46,0069) and press OK.I get the following message: Error (507): Points to be verifiedI want to cry, my scenery is almost complete, but I just cant make a f...... coastline, sniff, buhuuuuu, buhuuuuu, ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!Thanks in advancehalabraham

Hal,I'm getting the same error in Ground2k. Does anyone (Christian, perhaps) know what's causing this?

Bill Womack

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Visit my FS Blog or follow me on Twitter (username: bwomack).

Intel i7-950 OC to 4GHz | 6GB DDR3 RAM | Nvidia GTX460 1gb | 2x 120GB SSDs | Windows 7 Ultimate 64Bit

HI BillWell, I actually just figured it out myself: Put a minus (-) before longitudes too make it WEST and not EAST. I imagine thats your prob since I imagine you're doing Canada (Yukon)? I'm doing Greenland, but I have to say, having the lat. problem fixed and getting into the next screen is kinda scary. I think I give up. Im in the humanities, too many numbers and weird codes for me I think...Good luck!-halabraham

Hal,I wish that fixed it for me! I'm now more confused than ever. I have been putting a minus sign before my longitudes all along. In fact, I've enclosed a screenie of my map setup pane if anyone else can see any obvious errors. I'm a little stumped.BTW, anyone else find these forums really sloooooooooow the last couple of weeks? I can barely use them anymore, and searches just time out most of the time now.thanks,

Bill Womack

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Intel i7-950 OC to 4GHz | 6GB DDR3 RAM | Nvidia GTX460 1gb | 2x 120GB SSDs | Windows 7 Ultimate 64Bit

Forgive me, Bill, but have you, by any chance, put your NW point south of your SE point?Take a look at the screenshot. I could be wrong.Christian Fumey has done an incredible job of error handling - much more than is usually found in this kind of program. The error message means exactly what it says.Best regards.Luis

Don't you have your NW and SE points backwards? It seems to me that your 'south' is further north than your 'north'.-david-

David and Luis,Yes, that indeed was the problem. As usual, the error lay somewhere between the chair and the keyboard ;-).Luis, maybe it's me, but "Points to be verified" is not at all descriptive of the error in my opinion. Don't get me wrong, this looks like a great tool, but it's far from intuitive as far as the interface or error handling go. No matter though; it's free and seems to be quite ambitious. I'm more than willing to put in the time to get to know it.Thanks for the replies, guys!

Bill Womack

Yeah, I guess there is no quitting, back to work :)Good luck with the scenery.-halabraham