Sign in to follow this  

Excluding default airport flattened area?

I have been searching the forum here, but haven't been able to locate anything on this, but I need to remove the flatten from an airport. I know I could remove the bgl file that contains the flatten for this area (or edit it), but I may distribute the final product (if it turns out the way I want that is), and I don't want to have to make any irreversible modifications to the end users install to get it working.Thanks,Bruce

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Hi Bruce and Arno.Arno is right, there is no known way to exclude a flatten of an airport.But you can reflatten ( remesh ) areas. This can be done with SCASM code ( "flattens" or Area16n polys ). It can also be done with transparent LWM polys with a height designated.If the area is small, it's not too big a chore. I usually write SCASM flatten polys ( and scenery excludes ) by hand. There appears to be no significant advantage to using LWM's to flatten.Steve Greenwood wrote a small program to write flattens.http://www.fs-traveler.com/flatten.htmlThe resulting BGL can be in your scenery package, and when your scenery is active, the reflattening will be active.Dick

Thanks for the reply, that was what I had suspected and of which I was afraid. The problem is that I am trying to make the runway have the proper slope by creating the runway surface in the mesh, and the only way to do that is to eliminate all flattening. I already have this partially done by deactivating the flt*.bgl for the area including my airport, but this eliminates the flattening for all airports in the area. Bruce