Sign in to follow this  
arno

QUESTION: Explosions in FS2002 scenery?

Hi All,I'm working on a little addon scenery to create a realistic wildfire. One of the phenomena is exploding trees (due to heating of water in the treetrunks). I'd like to somehow recreate this phenomenon.In CFS2 explosions are possible. Are explosions somehow also possible in scenery in FS2002. How could explosions be created. With effectfiles...? Anyone who can point me in the right direction. Thank you very much in advance...Rob "Holland&Holland" de Vries http://www.emotipad.com/emoticons/Flying.gif

RobdeVries.jpg

Guest GerrishGray

Hi RobI think you answered your own question really. You do this in FS2002 with effect files. Naji Chebbadine did some forest fire scenery for Alaska some months back this way - search the FS2002 Scenery file library for 'naji' to find it.CheersGerrish

Hi Gerrish,You're right. I downloaded the special effects sdk and started reading and saw that conversion of CFS2 effect into FS2002 is possible. Also I stumbeled upon a little program by EOD's Matthias Breukner called FSeffect with which you can turn effect files into api/macro's to place in your scenery. Neat stuff!So thank you all! (Joe!) But I'm glad to have you here Gerrish....I have one question for you: Will it possible to make scorched/burned treemacro's like the ones you made, ot perhaps it's possible to enhance your version 3 package with a few types (pines, normal trees burned/scorched) If it's completely stupid what I ask, please say so or again point me in the right direction...Thanks again,RobRob "Holland&Holland" de Vries http://www.emotipad.com/emoticons/Flying.gif

RobdeVries.jpg

Guest GerrishGray

Hi RobThe scorched/burned trees question is not stupid ... I did suggest to Naji that I might do it following his Alaskan forest fire release, but I have never got round to it yet ... always too many projects and not enough time! If you have some suitable textures, or would like to make some, I would be happy to create a library BGL compatible with the existing Trees Library macros ...CheersGerrishgerrish@flightsims.co.uk

Hi Rob,Where did you find FSEffect? I did numerous searches and turned up nothing. It sounds like a utility I could make good use of!thanks,

Bill Womack

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Visit my FS Blog or follow me on Twitter (username: bwomack).

Intel i7-950 OC to 4GHz | 6GB DDR3 RAM | Nvidia GTX460 1gb | 2x 120GB SSDs | Windows 7 Ultimate 64Bit

Awww, now I'm all embarassed. Thanks for the kind words and the link, Rob! Actually, I am working on a new scenery package at the moment... it's a much, much bigger deal than Antelope Trail Ranch, and it isn't bush scenery. More than that I cannot say. I'm aiming for an early summer release at the moment. I do have some other bush projects in the works as well, though. Hopefully I can bring some of them to light before too long.thanks,

Bill Womack

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Visit my FS Blog or follow me on Twitter (username: bwomack).

Intel i7-950 OC to 4GHz | 6GB DDR3 RAM | Nvidia GTX460 1gb | 2x 120GB SSDs | Windows 7 Ultimate 64Bit

I haven't tested this latest version of FsEffect (yet), but I used a version that was made before the SDK was out and that sometimes had problems with the display conditions.I prefer to use the SCASM GObj command to place my effect files with a macro.Arno

Member Netherlands 2000 Scenery Team[link:home.wanadoo.nl/arno.gerretsen]Arno's FlightSim World for scenery design hints, tips and other tricks...

Arno

If the world should blow itself up, the last audible voice would be that of an expert saying it can't be done.

FSDeveloper.com | Former Microsoft FS MVP | Blog