Sign in to follow this  
fspaan

FSLandclass and FS Scene Install directory

Hi All,Just looking for some confirmation:I own a copy of FSLandclass Europe. I installed this in a subdirectory of the Scenery directory. Also I have a reference to it in the scenery.cfg file.Is this the proper way or do I have to install it in the texture directory itself? Or do I have to install it somewhere else and overwrite possibly other files?To be honest I am looking for the same confirmation for FS Scene files.Thanks in advance for your help!Regards, Ferry

Not sure as I don't own these products (and I would expect commerical products to have a proper readme file).You should be able to install the LandClass scenery in any folder you wish, as long as you add it to the scenery library. It depends on where you want your FS SCene textures to show where they should go. If they are for the entire world then you should overwrite the default ones, but if you want them with your LandClass scenery you can place them in the texture subfolder of that scenery.Arno

Member Netherlands 2000 Scenery Team[link:home.wanadoo.nl/arno.gerretsen]Arno's FlightSim World for scenery design hints, tips and other tricks...

Arno

If the world should blow itself up, the last audible voice would be that of an expert saying it can't be done.

FSDeveloper.com | Former Microsoft FS MVP | Blog

FSScene doesn't replace all of the landclass textures so you should first copy all the files from the FS2002/scenerydb/world/texture folder to you local landclass texture folder. Then copy all the FSScene files to the local landclass texture folder overwriting any of the default microsoft ones. Then add the area to the scenery library in FS.Derek

Just to clarify...LandclassEurope/scenery (put the landclass bgl here)LandclassEurope/texture (first copy default scenerydb/world/textures)LandclassEurope/texture (then overwrite these files with the FSScene ones as described in my last post)Then add to the FS scenery library...Derek

Thanks for your information, especially your clarification was helpfull!