Sign in to follow this  

CUSTOM multiple source

I have been trying to use the multisource option of resample with a CUSTOM scenery. But it doesn't really seem to work, he starts generating textures like madness (I stopped it after 1 GB was produced) and they same to cover all places my photo should not be :).Has anybody done this before and if so how does it work?Arno

Member Netherlands 2000 Scenery Team[link:home.wanadoo.nl/arno.gerretsen]Arno's FlightSim World for scenery design hints, tips and other tricks...

Arno

If the world should blow itself up, the last audible voice would be that of an expert saying it can't be done.

FSDeveloper.com | Former Microsoft FS MVP | Blog

Hi Arno.I'm not sure if multisourcing can be used with CUSTOM... haven't tried it. :(You might want ot try separate resampling, and then use tmfmerge to combine the tmfs to make one BGL. That might work.Dick

OK, I tried also by making seperate inf files and then doing resample inf1.inf inf2.inf etc. This didn't work, because the textures are next to each other and resample didn't merge them for me (so I got black borders and other pieces of texture missing). Maybe this only works if I have made the photo on the LOD size first, but I am trying to do as little work as possible (we have photos for the entire Netherlands and I don't like merging etc them all by hand :)).Arno

Member Netherlands 2000 Scenery Team[link:home.wanadoo.nl/arno.gerretsen]Arno's FlightSim World for scenery design hints, tips and other tricks...

Arno

If the world should blow itself up, the last audible voice would be that of an expert saying it can't be done.

Hi Arno.The "black border" tell me you are using the new resample... try using the old version of resample. The new version does have some features crippled.Dick

I tried both, with the same result for what I was trying.Arno

Arno

The best I've been able to do is to use two infs, and set the numbers to overlap only one lod13 grid. Then use your graphics program to "rationize" the bmps for those overlap grids. Then you can fly with two bgls and the textures for both.

btw, the fs2k2 resample.exe not only produces the black border, it has some other troubles as well...best to stick with the fs2000 version.B