Sign in to follow this  

CFS2 Water

Hi all,I implemented Richards algorithm in a standalone commandline tool.It should appear soon in the CFS scenery filesection. The archive is called "cfs2conv.zip".Regards,Edgar

Hi all.I highly recommend Edgar's utility. It is very quick ( especially when compared to MSWord ! ). It converts FS2002 LWMs to CFS2 LWMs reliably.Thank you, Edgar.:)Dick

Well Dick, as you know... I am one of the biggest CFS2 scenery supporters! This is great news! I have been able to use the great new scenery tools that have come out of the hard work of you pioneers! These programs are really nothing short of fantastic! My hats are off to the designers, who I would mention by name but would be afraid of missing someone. Until now I had to settle for FS 2002 scenery design... now I think it is time to revisit Oahu for CFS2.The Pearl Harbor Project 2.0 team will begin next month on the scenery that will blow away the first version. Thanks to the advances in scenery design... we will be able to add more details and not take a gigantic hit in FPS... not to mention that we will not be building ground polygons.. hehehe. :-lol The Avsim Scenery forum has been my most invaluable resource. I appreciate all the work you all have contributed. Wow.. Ground 2k projects now in CFS2... make me shiver.Here's to ya and thanks! :-beerchug James D. Smithsjd20@qwest.netWebmaster - www.flightsimdesign.comHome of the CFS Virtual Navy and "The Pearl Harbor Project".

Hi all.I caught a small bug in my Word macro.Some programs crete this header line: LWMFileHeader 513, LWMIndexStart, LWMStart, LWMEndwhile some programs create this line: LWMFileHeader 0201h, LWMIndexStart, LWMStart, LWMEndBoth versions are correct... the difference is the use of decimal or hex notation. The new attached macro code now catches either instance, and changes it to: LWMFileHeader 0100h, LWMIndexStart, LWMStart, LWMEndwhich is the correct version number for CSF2.:)Dick

Hi all.With the development of Ground2k, Coastline-Maker, LWMDraw, and AutoASM, we've been getting lots of tools to create water and land masking for our sim. :)Also, the latest version of BGLAnalyze does a great job of decompiling LWM BGLs ( 'hyp' ) to ASM code.All of these programs require the use of BGLC.exe, TMFMacros.inc, and TDFHeaders.inc to compile.But CFS2 also uses a form of LWM, that some of these programs do not support. That may eventually change. But in the meantime, designers interested in LWM water or land for CFS2 may use the attached MSWORD VBA macro to convert the ASM code for CFS2 usage. That requires a recent version of MSWord.Eventually, I'd like to make an ASM code convertor for CFS2 LWMs that is a stand-alone program, unless someone beats me to it! :)Meanwhile, the attachment.Dick