Sign in to follow this  
Guest CapnCol

Ground2K errors

Guest CapnCol

Can anyone help me please?I need a rest from flight simming so I am trying to design some scenery (The Seychelles) and have downloaded the Ground2K programme. I never expected it to be easy so I read the manuals first before having a go. However I seem to be falling at the first hurdle.I am trying to enter the coordinates of my map but keep getting the error message "Points to be verified". I am sure my coordinates are correct but the programme just does not recognise them. Can anyone help please.Colin

I found that you need N, W, E, W in capital leters as the first entry for the coordinates. You may enter decimal(exE75.8765) or "standard" (ex: N30:22:43.9123) although the instructions say decimal onlyDick

regards,

Dick near Pittsburgh, USA

Hi Colin.The reason you get that error message is that you have not correctly entered the NW and SE corner. What are your coordinates? They should be like:-22.3523.00-22.5524.00Note that in the southern hemisphere, the Lat is negative, and the smaller numbered negative lat is the northern lat.Dickhttp://forums.avsim.com/user_files/3130.jpg

Guest hefy_jefy

Got the same thing, California is -121.nnnn degs if you forget the - sign (Duh!) the top left is right of the bottom right...oops.Geoff

Guest CapnCol

Thanks for the replies.The co-ordinates for the area I am trying to map are as follows;NW point lat S004:36:0.00 lon E055:21:0.00and the SE point lat S004:41:0.00 lon E055:32:5.00When using the degrees calculator the result is that the NW point is lat -4.6 lon 55.35The SE point is lat -4.06667 lon 55.53333When I enter the decimal degree format, the co-ordinates are shown underneath correctly, though the SE point lat does not look right does it?. I will try again and see if I can get it right next time.Colin