Sign in to follow this  
arno

.asm to .bgl

Guest Airprox

Hi Chaps!Finally reached the stage of adding lights to my scenery (I may be slow, but I'm getting there!) I wanted to turn the lights off during the day, so after searching the forum I found the relevent info on what bit of code I need to edit. I've done that, and I now have 2 files scenery.asm and scenery_0.asm(the edited one), in the same folder I've placed BGLC.exe (the one from the effects SDK)... my question is, How do I recompile both .asm files to a single .bgl? I've dragged the modified .asm file over the BGLC.exe and a .bgl has been produced, but the scenery doesn't show up, so I'm guessing that I need the info in the other file as well (position info?). How do I drag and drop both files?Once again, any help is much appreciated.Alun

I assume you are talking about edited GMax asm files? In that case you only need to compile the whatever.asm and not the whatever_0.asm. That last file is included in the first one (you can't even compile it alone).If the scenery does not show up you might have done the conditional display wrong.

Arno

If the world should blow itself up, the last audible voice would be that of an expert saying it can't be done.

FSDeveloper.com | Former Microsoft FS MVP | Blog

Guest Airprox

Thanks for the reply Arno, it is GMAX that I'm using. So, just to get this straight, I edit the whatever_0.asm file and recompile the whatever.asm... I presume then that the whatever.asm file reads info from the whatever_0.asm file during it's compilation.Thanks, I'll give it a try!CheersAlun

Yes, what you say is correct.

Arno

If the world should blow itself up, the last audible voice would be that of an expert saying it can't be done.

FSDeveloper.com | Former Microsoft FS MVP | Blog