Sign in to follow this  
rhumbaflappy

ground2k

I was trying to add some roads to my town and can get them on FS20002, but they fade out and get smaller as they get closer to the beginning point. I also would like to know if there is a way to prevent the Auto-gen scenery from disappearing everytime i load my scenery. Thanks

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Hello whatever your name is,We still do not completely understand the workings of these lines, so for the moment, they start out as a point before they widen to their normal size.The work-around seems to be to click twice on the same point when you begin and end a line - this seems to create the necessary width (or polygon, who knows?) so that the line is the normal width.I thought that Christian Fumey had incorporated this solution into his code for Ground2K. Normally, he doubles the beginning and ending points so as to avoid the problem that you found. But, perhaps it does not always work.Another solution that you might also consider is to begin and end your lines over the default roads where they join your new road. By extending your lines over the default, you ensure that they hide any possible narrowing of the new roads.As for autogen, all lines (roads, shorelines, streams, etc.) will eliminate autogen on its path and on either side. Nothing can be done about this, so you may want to only place roads that are absolutely necessary to VFR flight and not the entire road grid.Best regards.Luis

Hi ytown13.Luis is right about making the first and last points as a closely spaced set. Also, it's a good idea to occasionally add points as you draw a line. You'll note the LOD13 dotted line squares... so using that as a guide, try making a point on the line every 1/8 square or so. This keeps the lines fat and healthy looking. :)The default streams and roads use an unknown variation of the VTP2 line code. MS has not shared the secret with us, and no one has cracked it yet... so for now we need to space the endpoints very close together. If you look at default 'rdl' bgls with tmfviewer, you'll get a good sense of how the points look at the start and end of roadlines, and how MS coded them.================I believe your autogen may be disappearing because you are experiencing the designer's autogen bug. Load or activate your scenery, turn the sim off, then turn it on, and the autogen mysteriously reappears. This only happens to us during the design phase. It is very annoying.Roads, streams, shorelines only exclude autogen on the line itself. Trees and buildings will grow right next to them. The same is true for polygons. VTP1 polys exclude autogen within those polys, because VTP1 was invented before autogen was invented.VTP2 will have their own autogen if your selected texture is a landclass that has autogen ( Christian marks those textures in the selection window with a 'Y', I believe ).Dick