Sign in to follow this  

Ground2k: vtp2 -polygons covers streets without appearing...

Hello!My Problem: i generate LWM Streets... okthen i generate VTP2 Polygons... some 10 in the whole area... okwhen i see in FS2002 it looks great!after that i add some more VTP2 polygons... i try them in fs2002 AND:ALL VTP-poly's disappear, and every street which is in the same cell13 as the area touches also disappears...i don't understand since what procedure they dissapear. First i thought it was while i used "imbrication" feature. but i used this function one times and i could see the polygons... but after doing more polys, ALL Polys disappear! is there a problem when i generate a poly completely inside another poly? which i give imbrication number?is this correct?:e.g.outer poly = AA_00inner poly = AA_01i am just standing on a wall... :(Who made same experience?Thank you for soon responses!Francis! nice weekend to all!

Hi Francis.Generally, the problems of this sort are caused by some option you checked in Ground2K. If you send the author of the program an e-mail, with the attached LWM file, he may be able to tell you just what has happened. Christian Fumey is very busy with developing his program, designing his own scenery, actually flying the sim... and the other 95% of his waking time is spent living. So he may not be able to respond immediately. It's best to try and work this out yourself. He doesn't have much time to spend solving problems created by forcing a complexity into your scenery that is beyond your understanding.I can practically guarantee you, the problem is not caused by Ground2K, in this matter.Most problems can be resolved by carefully studying the instructions, saving renamed backup copies of your LWM files often, reading Luis' Ground2K tutorial for beginners ( here at the AVSIM File Library ), and studying the terrain SDK. Ground2K is a very powerful program. It allows you to draw LWM and VTP and land/waterclasses with deceptive ease. I write 'deceptive', because LWM and VTP are inherently complex, until you understand the underlying principles of the BGLC code. Everything goes well, until something like disappearing polys occurs. Then you are lost, because you have no idea why a poly can disappear.That's not Christian's fault. You are the one that doesn't understand the code. Ground2K is a wonderful program. But it will require study to use it effectively. Currently, I doubt there are more than 50 people worldwide that can use this tool to it's full extent... maybe only 20.A violin is also deceptively easy. Few people can play more than simple tunes on it. It would be absurd to expect to play in a symphony within hours of first fiddling with it.Similarly, just because an automobile can go 120 MPH, doesn't mean we should press it to that limit, unless we have gained some experience at slower, more managable speeds.I can tell you, some VTP code is creating an exclusion property, and that is erasing your polys in some Layer(s) further down the datastream. The nature of exclusion is confined to the LOD13 Areas that the excluding poly ( or line ) touches. If you find the "bad" poly, and then delete it, the problem will go away.Dick

Hello Francis,You do not provide enough information.Have you excluded anything and what did you exclude?What name did you give to this exclusion bgl and where did you place it?What other bgls are in the same scenery folder?On what layer did you create your new roads?As Dick surmises, you have most likely created an exclusion that affects your roads. The way to avoid this is - most easy - just create your new roads on a layer other than what has been excluded, or - just as easy - make sure to name the exclusion bgl in such a way that it is read before the other bgls, for example, by placing "a" at thte beginning of its name.As for imbrication, the polygon farthest inside must receive the smallest number and the polygon farthest outside must get the biggest number.Best regards.Luis

Hello to all!Of course, of course... sometimes someone is impatient and ask's in the forum BEFORE studying all documentation availabel... sometimes it is just a moment in life of "i don't know what should i do" and seeing the easiest way it is asking at prof's like you... maybe to get an explanation...You got right, definetly i am not one of this 50 persons in the world.. or not yet ;-)but understanding your busyness i understand your answers... i am also very busy in my business and less time in design does sometimes not well combining with my impatient impulsive "braining" to finalize a scenery tomorow :DThank you for your response which realy helps me to solve the problems i have... let me read the doc's and soon i will ask no more this kind of problems but realy problems! (but i dont hope so)Sorry my english, hope you understandi am very thankfull to all members of this genious forum - brain-and-art circle!Kind regardsFrancis