Sign in to follow this  

Ground2K - mesh adustment on lake surface

Guest hefy_jefy

Great tool, I have a question since this my first attempt at remesh:I am adjusting the mesh around (and on) a small lake that has quite a complex shape. But I ran out of points in the Remesh_LWM.asm file, it seems that the max number of points at any particular altitude is 255. Compile with BGLS.EXE fails (I can't remeber the error).No major problem I just had to make a number of remesh .BGLs to cover the whole lake surface, keeping the number of points to <255 and the result is very good.I wondered if I could just put points around the edges of the lake?should the flat water surface be filled in? I had some strange effects early on but this may have been due to an incorrect base altitude (I also found that you had to match the exact exsisting water surface altitude exactly).Anybody else tried this?Geoff

That is, if your scenery is terrain produced by resample.exe using the terrain sdk, then you cannot display VTP1 or 2 over top of it. I have found that ground2k remesh still works, and I've employed it by editing each point that was not flat in my lake. I wonder if a vtp poly could still be used as you say in this circumstance. I'm guessing it won't work.Bob Bernstein

Guest hefy_jefy

Hi Dan,Thanks, not only solved the problem but also answered my next question: (Whats the little altitude box for?) - Duh!This really is a great app, just a little tricky to discover all the little nooks and crannies!Thanks againGeoff

Guest fumey

hello DanielYou can keep the same layer for your two polygons. Ground2K generates the polys in the good order when it is able to calculate the level of the 'imbrication'; in other words, when a poly is fully included in another one, the two are display correctly. You can have several levels of nested polygons;and you save a layer value for an other use.RegardsChristian

Oh! Well, thanks Christian for the tip :-). And thanks again for this smile-generator program! :-):-):-)I would like to contribute in some way. I was planning to translate the docs to Spanish (my native language) provided you authorize to do so. But first I have to learn to use ALL the functions in the program as there are many things I didn't use yet (LC, WC, and VTP1). What do you think?--Daniel R. Careri

Guest fumey

Hello DanielAuthorization of course given;RhanksChristian

Guest fumey

Heelo danielOf course, the authorization is given. ThanksChrsitian

"Heelo" danielOf course, the authorization is given. Thanks"Chrsitian" Hello DanielAuthorization of course given;"Rhanks"ChristianHehehe! I bet you need either a new keyboard or a lot less of coffee!!!! :-lol --Daniel R. Careri