Sign in to follow this  
Donmo

Exclusion Problem

Hi all, Don Moser. I am having a problem. I am re-doing Otis AFB in Falmouth, Mass. I need to ditch the autogen buildings that are located near the ramps. The problem I am having is they are sitting partially on the ramp. When I go to exclude them, I loose them AND the ramps and all my taxiways. I have tried several different ways, but still end up loosing everything. What am I doing wrong??? I have only used an exclude once, as I usually start from fresh ground. The last time, the buildings were distant from the ramps and runways. ANY help would greatly be appreciated. Thanks all.Don

Don, I use the FlightSim BGL Toolkit to eliminate individual buildings. Granted, it may take longer, but you can target each buliding for elimination, create an exclude file for each one, combine these files into one BGL exclude file with the toolkit, and I think you will like the results. Give me a yell when you get a chance, I have some file for Otis you might like to see.Big John

Hi Don, long time no.....My recommendation is to get familier with the simple code needed to write your own. Then you can exclude something as small or large as you like. Here is a tutorial I wrote a while back. Its for beginners, so please excuse the basic tone.Bob B.Creation of a simple exclude file in FS2k2 Introduction: We often want a small object from the default scenery to be eliminated when we decorate fs2k2 with our own scenery designs. While most scenery assembly programs provide an exclude option, I find a more direct approach to be writing this tiny file directly using only fs2k2 itself, notepad, and the free compiler called scasm.exe. Scasm is available at www.scasm.de By finding the area I wish to exclude directly from fs2k2, I can be very precise. I use this method to exclude objects as small as a single fuel box to entire airport areas. Basic Process: 1. Determine the area you wish to exclude. I do this by using the top-down view in fs2k2 in slew mode.

Thanks Bob! I just printed this out and will look over it. I appreciate the help guys!!! :)Don

Guest sgreenwood

Hi Don,I've recently added an exclude utility to my "flatten toolkit" which might be helpful. (I haven't tried it on anything very small, however.) There is a readme.txt file which explains all, as well as the source code, just in case. :)First, it converts a simple text file like this:10TS exclude runway10TS731:0.028:0.0-097:0.0-099:0.0Into SCASM code:Set( FSVERS 0x800 )Header ( 1 31:0.0 28:0.0 -099:0.0 -097:0.0 )LatRange ( 28:0.0 31:0.0 )set( areamx 64 )GenExcl( 10TS.bgl 7 28:0.0 31:0.0 -097:0.0 -099:0.0 28:0.0 31:0.0 -097:0.0 -099:0.0)And then runs SCASM to create the bgl.(There is a similar function to create flatten bgls.)www.fs-traveler.com/cgi-bin/flatten.zipSteve

Hi Don.A exclude BGL will exclude the objects in an area, as long as the scenery to be excluded is lower in the Scenery Library order. If you don't want to exclude your new objects, the exclude BGL should be in the same folder as your new scenery, without excluding that new scenery.Dick

I got her working guys! I appreciate the help from all!!! This is a fun project. Few will want it, but it is encompassing almost everything I can do in designing in one shape or form! LOL! Don