Sign in to follow this  
Guest EdrickV

Macor Preview Pictures?

Many time macros do not have accompaning pictures of the final product. Is there an easy way to create the preview pictures so we can see see the macro's picture in programs such as Scenery Creater and Airport??Dick

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Easy might not be the word, but when I make a set of macros in the end I place them all on a row in a test scenery and then just take a couple of screenshots. These then need to be resized to the correct size and then you have your pictures.On the other hand, if I have made a hangar or a tower for a specific airport I don't think there is a need for a picture, it will be only used once, as each object is unique and I know how it looks, because I designed it myself :).

Yes there is! The accompanying pictures are simply small bmps' that represent the appropriate macro.If you have a screen grabber then pile all the said macros into one area of a temp scenery.Take a snap shot then using a paint program cut out each model,resize it to 128 pixels and 8bit bitmap,rename it to the exact name of the relevant macro and place it in the macro folder.Then go into FSSC ,Tools/preferences/locations and tell the program the location of the pictures,ie;- " Macro pic folder 1 D:fsscmacros "Alternatively you could look at the Textures and capture a "2D" viewof the front of the represented macro,etc if you have no screen capture! ps;- the pic folder can be anywhere you like as long as you tell FSSC the locations! regards....David

Some macros come with preview pics that don't show right in FSSC (too big for example) and some have pics that are in the wrong format. (like jpg) And you can always take a screen shot in FS2k2 by pressing the 'Print Screen' button. Then you'd need to paste the picture into an editor. An alternative is to use something like FSScreen which will save the pictures you take via Print Screen as bitmap files."Let me help you out. You're cleared to taxi any way you can to any runway you see."