Sign in to follow this  

fs2002 scenery in cfs2

HelloPosted this in CFS forum, but I thought I might aswell post it here too.Anybody know if fs2002 scenery works in cfs2?If not - is there a way to convert?ThanksThomas

I think most scenery should work fine. The only thing CFS2 does not support I think (I don't have CFS2 myself, so I can't test) are the new floating point commands. So scenery made with GMax and FSDS2 should not work. For the rest it should be OK.I don't think there is a way to convert the floating point scenery back to the old format.

Arno

If the world should blow itself up, the last audible voice would be that of an expert saying it can't be done.

FSDeveloper.com | Former Microsoft FS MVP | Blog

All the floating point commands came in with CFS2. They carried on to FS2002 with virtually no additions so the vast majority of FS2002 sceneries should work ok.

Ah, then it should work fine I guess. I thought these commands where new in Fs2002.

Arno

If the world should blow itself up, the last audible voice would be that of an expert saying it can't be done.

FSDeveloper.com | Former Microsoft FS MVP | Blog

Hi Thomas.Some addon landclass will work... some won't ( some values in mountains are different...#142 doesn't exist in CFS2 ).The default and addon roads, streams, etc., will not work ( VTP2 lines ).The default watermasking will not work (LWM polys ). These can be decompiled and translated, however, and for the most part, already have been translated:http://library.avsim.net/esearch.php?DLID=...e&CatID=CFSScenAddon mesh will work, but the default mesh won't ( not sure why not ).Most airport scenery will work, as long as the textures are included into CFS2 as well.Effects will not work.Dick

Thanks a lot for the information.Makes it easier to find good lookin'scenery.Thomas