Guest odog

Hi, I dont usually work with BGLs, MDLs are my bag. I have a TON of really nice scenery objects that I made in Gmax. I hate to have them wasting away on my drive and want to convert them to a usable format for you scenery guys. I have tried FSregen and have FSSC, but I cant seem to get regen to create a usable lib obj. If someone could show me how I need to covert my gmax BGLs into macros I could upload them for use. I tried to follow the instructions in regen, but was very confusing as im not too familiar with scasm and BGLs. thanks joe

1. Export the gmax model as scenery and check keep files in makemdl2. open fsregen3. click on library compiler button at the bottom4. enter the path or click on the button to the right and browse to your location you exported to...in the window marked new object details...5. modify your guid so that its unique to you...remember its hex so only 0-9 or a-f allowed6. click on add to list7. provide an output file path and file name.8. click on create library source file9. option now is to highlight the entry of the object and click on create api.10. File dropdown menu...save your fileNow place a copy of bglc.exe into the folder you saved your object library in.compile your object library into a bgl.If you want to test your object, include the api into a scene from airport or fssc, compile...and then put both that bgl and the library bgl into a scenery dir.

Guest odog

Thanks Bob,WOW, it took like 2pages in the docs to explain what you summed up in a few lines. I think that this is a nice program, but the docs are way to in depth for a newb. I found myself daydreaming half way thru the instructions...even I can follow your steps... thank you.joe

Odog, What kind of macros are you converting too? Are we going to see API macros to use with airport for windows? Thanks.More macros is always a good thing! What a great hobby!Hornit

Guest odog

hey hornit, I dont use airport, but FSSC. I assume they both can make use of .api's right. Most of the stuff i have supports my bush flying fix. so that will pretty much be the theme of what i put together. more people seems to be a big request so far. i have a bunch of low poly vehicles too, boats, and natural landmarks, like rock formations. a dock or pier building package has also been asked for. joe

Hi Joe...sounds great...more cars would be welcome! I noticed Derek is considering hosting a macro library on his web page...check out a thread in the fssc forum here at avsim.and yes, the api format is used by both fssc and airport.Bob B