Sign in to follow this  
russdirks

FSConnect

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Yep---Great job on his part! It's already in beta testing with Landclass Assistant. No idea on LCA 1.4's release. I'm still working on the new support for the 257x257 .raw file format. Part of that is what I call the "convert and shift" utility. It will be a utility that will convert LCA .raw files in the 256x256 format to the 257x257 format, and it will allow the designers to shift Landclass points once converted so they line up on the intended vertices. I may put out an interim release just so I can switch over to FSConnect. -John

Hey Dick ... You beat me to it! :-)Yes indeed, FSConnect is ready for action. Don't know what else to say. You know what I would really like to see? Somebody take the challenge to figure out where AI information is stored and release it as a freeware specification. FSConnect has what I call some "snoop" functions that let you read, write, and search the FS address space. So I did a search for the ID tag of an AI plane that was flying near me, and FSConnect found it no problem. The next thing would be to find out what kind of data structures are used to store the AI information, where the lat/lon is stored ... all that kind of stuff. With the snoop functions, FSConnect is basically like an open window to any and all FS data. You just have to figure out where it is. (Of course that doesn't apply to the defined data elements in the Panels & Gauges SDK. That is readily accessible.)Cheers,Russ Dirks