Sign in to follow this  
Guest hefy_jefy

Static Aircraft

Gotta quick question here. Are there any programs out there that make it relatively easy to add static aircraft to FS2K2? I checked out Lago FSSE and it looks nice, but it has a limited amount of objects. I would like to use my own objects...ie. the correct aircraft types for the airport. I created and uploaded a static aircraft package for the Norway 98 scenery back in 1998 and would like to start doing some more in FS2K2 for various airports. Any help would be appreciated.Cheers,Mark Normington

Guest Firestriker

If you want to make your own objects and you have FS2k2Pro then gWax is the way to go. You can make several objects and then add them to a library bgl and make api macros to call them from Airport for Windows or the like via FSregen.

Lou,Back when I was designing static aircraft scenery in '98 I was using Airport program. There was a utility that allowed you to convert aircraft into static objects and then use them in bgl files...I'm assuming that FSSE does not allow this. It was a very time consuming process, but the end prduct was nice. I was hoping to add a static package to various small to mid-size airports (KCLE, KCVG, KGSP, KPWM, KBGR).Cheers,Mark

The only app I know that lets you create statics is M98toBgl.exeIt has never been updated since FS98/2000 and only FS98/early FS2000 aircraft can be converted ie ones with *.af textures, although I've converted a couple of early FS2000 models that had additional bmps for night lighting (notably a Mandarin 747). Therefore you will end up with 'old style' angular fuselages and engine nacelles etc which don't go too well with modern sceneries. I searched for quite a while for models to convert and only found about 6 or 7 that were acceptable with rounder shapes.Trouble with statics as well is they can have a large FR hit

I recommend you use AI aircraft with flightplans that result in the aircraft flying at times you are not likely using FlightSim. Download AITM - http://www.molitor-home.de/FS/AITM , TTools - ttools133.zip, AFCAD - afcad140.zip. Make parking spaces at maintenance hangars, ramps, etc. that you want the static aircraft. Adjust the parking spot radius size (if you want) to ensure the aircraft you want parking at the static site. Get some additional (low poly count) aircraft, and adjust their radius size to fit these spots.If you are already using PAI, or any of the MyTraffic AI aircraft flightplans, your airports should already have a lot of traffic. Some airports have so much, it causes an overload, stuttering, and poor performance.W. Sieffert

Guest hefy_jefy

Hi all,Just read the link about using M98toBGL, for me this has turned out to be the answer, it works fine with FS98 aircraft and the fact that the fuselage is a bit angular doesn't matter too much (at least these small downloads and tiny texture files keep the frame rates sensible on my poor P3 550!) All I am after is the appearance of a few aircraft around the place. The only problem is the lack of a shadow (anything without a shadow looks detached and "floating"). This can be fixed by editing the .API file and adding the ShadowCall statement. I know nothing of this SCASM stuff but took a look at an API that did have a shadow and just copied the method.Geoff