Sign in to follow this  
Guest ScottR

Ground2K VTP1 poly crashes FS2002

Guest ScottR

I have a project open in G2K. I select a poly without shore and under Line/shore select layer 7 (although this shouldn't make any difference?). I set VTP 1-2 layer to 7. I select VTP1/Poly, OK, then draw the polygon. I make up a project folder with scenery and texture subfolders and place it in "my added scenery" in FS2002. I put a 256x256 bitmap in the texture folder then use imagetool to convert it to DXT1 format (without mipmaps).Back in G2K I assign the texture to the polygon and move it around to completely cover the polygon. I generate the bgl's and get a xxxx_7.bgl which I put in my project "scenery" folder in FS2002.I start FS2002 and activate the scenery, but when I fly to the scenery location I briefly see the polygon with a black pixelated texture on it then the screen freezes and FS2002 crashes.So far I have successfully created roads, shores, flattens, landclass and remeshes with G2K.Can anyone suggest what I might be doing wrong?Thanks

Try to add mipmaps. I seems that you must have mipmaps in your texture, otherwise FS crashes. It's best to use DXT1 with mipmaps.

Arno

If the world should blow itself up, the last audible voice would be that of an expert saying it can't be done.

FSDeveloper.com | Former Microsoft FS MVP | Blog

Guest ScottR

Thanks Arno. Works fine with mipmaps - the one thing I didn't try.Regards