Sign in to follow this  
northtexas

Arkansas canyon

In FS2004 the exact coordinates are: N33* 50.26' W94* 0.43' Altitude -15,193 ft (yes, MINUS). Near Hope, Arkansas.Is this fixable?

System: i7-11700K, ASUS Prime Z590M-PLUS Motherboard, G-Skills Trident Z Series 64 GB DDR4 3200, Corsair RM1000x80 PLUS Gold, Arctic Liquid Freezer ll, GeForce RTX 4070 Super FE, NVIDIA Drivers 546.65, WD Blue NVMe m2  500GB SSD for Windows 10 Home v21H2,  WD Black SN850X 2 TB NVMe m2  for MSFS, Toshiba 2TB HD for data and other games, ViewSonic XG2705-2K  27" 2560x1440 144hz Monitor,  Thrustmaster Airbus flight stick, Logitech M510 wireless Mouse.

What's wrong with it? Is this an airport? Is there actually a depression, or is it just an error in the database? Why don't you post a picture and save us the trouble of loading it up ourselves, since most people won't bother, and most of the rest will simply forget. Everyone wants to help though.- Martin

I have no idea how to take a screenshot from within flight simulator but if you take off from the only airfield at Hope, Arkansas and fly west at 280 degrees for about 10-20 miles you can't help but see a long 15,000 ft deep canyon that obviously doesn't belong there. Looks like part of the grand canyon was moved east. I was wondering if a flatten bgl could fix it. And no...I don't have a clue how to make one.

System: i7-11700K, ASUS Prime Z590M-PLUS Motherboard, G-Skills Trident Z Series 64 GB DDR4 3200, Corsair RM1000x80 PLUS Gold, Arctic Liquid Freezer ll, GeForce RTX 4070 Super FE, NVIDIA Drivers 546.65, WD Blue NVMe m2  500GB SSD for Windows 10 Home v21H2,  WD Black SN850X 2 TB NVMe m2  for MSFS, Toshiba 2TB HD for data and other games, ViewSonic XG2705-2K  27" 2560x1440 144hz Monitor,  Thrustmaster Airbus flight stick, Logitech M510 wireless Mouse.

Site of the imfamous 'Whitewater Scandal'?http://forums.avsim.com/user_files/27048.jpgThis is most probably a "rogue" land/water mask BGL. MS doesn't hand-code the millions of lines needed to provide us with water. This may be able to be fixed with an LWM flatten BGL at the right height, named zzheightfix.bgl, and placed in the same folder as the default LWM bgl ( once we find it ). It would be named zz... to insure it is loaded last in the data stream. I'm sure there will be other holes and spikes and missing data. Impossible to check everything when you rely on GIS data and automatic code generation. That's why PEI was missing in FS2002. If we waited for the design team to examine every square mile of the terrain for errors, we'd be waiting for FS2024.Hopefully a list of the worst offenders can be compiled, then I, or someone else can fix them in a month or two.Dick

>>Site of the imfamous 'Whitewater Scandal'LOL, maybe the site of the Clinton presidential library!Thanks for the reply. At least it's not near a major metropolitan area.