Sign in to follow this  
Guest PaulL01

Custom Terrain Textures in FS2004

Guest alexfantini

Hi all,someone knows if the limit of about 4,75 meters per pixel in terrain textures of FS2002 (FS2002 SDK "Creating custom terrain textures") remains the same or improves in FS2004?ThanksAlessandro

Yes, I tested this. Still the 256x256 mipmap is the biggest mipmap shows, so we are still stuck with the 4.8 meter/pixel resolution.

Arno

If the world should blow itself up, the last audible voice would be that of an expert saying it can't be done.

FSDeveloper.com | Former Microsoft FS MVP | Blog

Guest alexfantini

>Yes, I tested this. Still the 256x256 mipmap is the biggest>mipmap shows, so we are still stuck with the 4.8 meter/pixel>resolution.I hoped somethingh better.Thank you ArnoAlessandro

Guest PaulL01

>Yes, I tested this. Still the 256x256 mipmap is the biggest>mipmap shows, so we are still stuck with the 4.8 meter/pixel>resolution.Yep!And the commands that still worked in FS2k2 that enabled us to use other means to display very high res (1 meter or less) are gone!Another Strike!Geeshk, so glad that I spent $$$$ for new full color 1 meter data! Ughhh!!!have vendors very disapointed right now! Going to go hide...

paul, its clear you hate this version of the sim...any chance you could do me a favor and let this forum be free of your despair. ...for the most part we try to be scientific here...we'll just be disecting and learning what we can do, so we can make the best scenery. MS made decisions, we're going to learn what they were.Its distracting to read you over and over again tell us how badly MS disappointed you.with best intentions,Bob Bernstein

Guest PaulL01

>paul, its clear you hate this version of the sim...any chance>you could do me a favor and let this forum be free of your>despair. ...for the most part we try to be scientific>here...we'll just be disecting and learning what we can do, so>we can make the best scenery. MS made decisions, we're going>to learn what they were.>>Its distracting to read you over and over again tell us how>badly MS disappointed you.>>with best intentions,>>Bob Bernstein Bob,Didn't know it was your forum. :-lolOK, Yeah, I know it comes across...What can I say...I don