Sign in to follow this  

Ground2k - old island appears below

Hello,i'm trying to modify some islands of the default scenery.i exclude all shorelines and roads but the old island still can be seen in the place were the new shore were placed above the default land.to fix things i filled the areas with water, but this destroyed the original elevations.also some new islands i made near have different looks:- in some areas they are ok- in some areas they doesn't show land inside, only the shoreline- the ones that lay in two areas show land on one area, in the other area not.what is wrong ????thanks for your helpCelso:-hmmm

Hello Celso,Your questions are quite varied and it may be difficult to know what is wrong with your scenery based on them.Perhaps you could show us some screenshots of the default scenery, the Ground2K work space with your modifications, and the result in Flight Simulator. Also, please include a description of what you have done when drawing your new shapes and how you have declared them in the Properties window. This will help us to figure out what is wrong.Best regards.Luis

:D Hi Tiradoi started it all over again, deleting all old files and initializing the project AGAIN.1. excluded layers 8 and 32 in all areas of the island2. made rough drawings to show the results i'm getting (lwm polys with shore, land at right,join ends ,land -9999)3. here comes the scshots ...thank you for your timeCelso

Most Ground2K projects are of a similar nature.An organised approach usually solves the problems.The first thing I do in a project is to areafill the scenery to be transformed with land in all appropriate areas. This exposes the landclass. After forcing the terrain to land, you may see square LOD13 areas that still have water. This is because they have been assigned a landclass value of a water type. This needs to be changed to an appropriate landclass value by making a landclass BGL.Approximately 70% of the earth is covered by landclass assignments of a water texture. TMFViewer will confirm this. Waterclass is exposed by LWM watermasks. All LOD 13 areas of the earth have landclass and waterclass assignments. Most areas of the earth are assigned a water-type landclass, and also have an unexposed waterclass.Now your project should have square LOD13 ares of land that can be trimmed with LWM watermasks to produce the coast. VTP2 lines can be added over this.Dick

Hello Celso,Dick's method is usually the best, because it is... methodical. Your problem is due to the fact that you have drawn a new coast inland of the old coast. So, the old coast is still there.Excludes do not eliminate a coast polygon. You must do that in a separate step.You can do as Dick Ludowise suggests (always a good solution) or you can use a feature of Ground2K called "Coastline".By declaring your curve as a "Coastline", you can place a shoreline and water polygons on one side of it to eliminate the old coast.Let us know if you are not able to solve this problem.Best regards.Luis

:-jumpy Hi,I've fixed it with another approach.All areas with land were filled with water -9999.The poly above seems perfect now.Thank you for your helpCelso