Hi Luis and Ken.Those are great examples of the flexability of Ground2K. Ken, Luis didn't mention it specifically, but using Ground2K is fun.It does have a learning curve, but once you master it, the possibilities become very exciting... and the time from concept, to seeing it in the sim, is relatively short. As Luis mentions, the size of the completed project will be rather small.Luis is successfully using aerial images for G2K background "maps", but you could use tiger census data from a GIS program, or a Terrascene image, or a scanned roadmap... any bitmap that can be geo-referenced... for small areas, you can even ignore the type of projection used, and it will still be much more accurate than the sim's default scenery.I'm sure Luis will agree it is very enjoyable to sculpt the FS world this way.Dick

Guest Richard Hill

Ken;I know you are quite familuar with TerraScene, and it so happens that Chris Kline has developed a program AutoAsm that takes converted 265 color BMPs and makes scenery for FS9 2004. One can set river,lake elevations, road types, and so on. The resulting BGL files for a one degree file can be just a little more than 2MB combined for LWM,VTP files depending on the number of options you want. I think it is a fantastic program and it's Freeware. chris@kline.demon.co.ukYou might want to check it out!Richard L Hill;